What are the biggest rip-off co.s in TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Any lawn care service company.............
Old 04-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,349 Times in 1,449 Posts

As long as you can use a credit card for up front money what is the problem????
Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
It is a franchise based out of California. This is a local office. It's not clear to me how they make money from the home owner. It might come from the service providers.

exit to add: Dunn And Bradstreet says they are based in Texas
Old 04-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,745 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
As long as you can use a credit card for up front money what is the problem????
A good contractor should not need upfront money. They should be able to finance the project startup. To me, it is a sign of an under-financed company. Yes, a credit card will give you some protection, but remember, that you only have 60 days to dispute a credit card charge, so you need to have it in writing that the work you pay for will be completed within 60 days. And, if they do some work and then disappear, you will need to convince the bank that the credit card charge should be removed. Banks usually side with the merchant unless you have a very convincing case.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Sage

TOTV BIGGEST RIPOFF
Walmart Stack Attack Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips in a Can.

It's a Pringle knock off that only cost a dollar.

Pringles cost a $1.50 but it is filled to the top with much thinner chips. Don't ask me how but they all look the same. Walmart Wannebes has a can the same height as Pringles but the can is only half full.

And if I didn't just eat the whole can while writing this post I would be returning them and getting in the manager's grill. Cause that's how I roll. [not really]
Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 PM

Compared to the rest of the country, the Villages is a bargain. Try finding a retirement community that offers relatively low price housing, low amenity fee, free entertainment, a relatively safe community compared to most cities, fairly good weather most of the year, an active lifestyle with an abundance of activities. The prices of homes and the cost of living is low compared to most every retirement community. You sound like a person that wouldn't be happy anywhere and finds fault with everything. Be specific with what is so bad about The Villages and how unfair it has been to you.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
Compared to the rest of the country, the Villages is a bargain. Try finding a retirement community that offers relatively low price housing, low amenity fee, free entertainment, a relatively safe community compared to most cities, fairly good weather most of the year, an active lifestyle with an abundance of activities. The prices of homes and the cost of living is low compared to most every retirement community. You sound like a person that wouldn't be happy anywhere and finds fault with everything. Be specific with what is so bad about The Villages and how unfair it has been to you.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:37 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
TOTV BIGGEST RIPOFF
Walmart Stack Attack Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips in a Can.

It's a Pringle knock off that only cost a dollar.

Pringles cost a $1.50 but it is filled to the top with much thinner chips. Don't ask me how but they all look the same. Walmart Wannebes has a can the same height as Pringles but the can is only half full.

And if I didn't just eat the whole can while writing this post I would be returning them and getting in the manager's grill. Cause that's how I roll. [not really]
Publix has some veggie chips in a can that are gluten free for my hubby and I think they are delicious. He cannot eat Pringles.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Publix has some veggie chips in a can that are gluten free for my hubby and I think they are delicious. He cannot eat Pringles.
good advice--i'll look for them
Old 04-16-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
After reading about VIR, there should be a listing of companies posted through out TV to warn residents

Use these companies @ your own risk:
1) Tire Choice
2) Perk Med Spa (in bankruptcy)
3) VIR property mgt

I'm talking about companies that are out & out not reputable

Not companies whose service or job didn't meet your expectations

Please add to this list
Thank You! Thank You for putting Tire Choice at the top of the List!

TOTV is probably tired of my previous rants on this subject, but as a quick follow up...we are now 4 months in to our dispute with Tire Choice’s parent company and their insurers. They have completely destroyed the transmission in a 2015 Subaru Legacy. All because of an oil change gone horribly wrong. Oh they’ve admitted wrongdoing, but their settlement offer is not acceptable. 😡
Old 04-16-2018, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,092 Times in 2,750 Posts

City Furniture
Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
After reading about VIR, there should be a listing of companies posted through out TV to warn residents

Use these companies @ your own risk:
1) Tire Choice
2) Perk Med Spa (in bankruptcy)
3) VIR property mgt

I'm talking about companies that are out & out not reputable

Not companies whose service or job didn't meet your expectations

Please add to this list
OP, you list three good ones that are well documented on TOTV although we have not had any “dealings” with any of them. However, We would add Whirlpool Appliances to this list. We know a number of friends, neighbors and acquaintances (including ourselves) that have had “issues” with whirlpool refrigerators, ranges, and microwaves that were installed in new homes in The Villages. At one time, Warranty Department handled these problems but don’t anymore. Whirlpool, like similar large corporations, will consume your time and transfer you around until you just give up and “eat” an economic loss in order to move on to more important things in life. Definitely put Whirlpool on the list.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,349 Times in 1,449 Posts

I don't know about other villages in the past but all of the Whirlpool appliances installed in Fenney come with an additional one year warranty, two years parts and labor is pretty good. I had a much harder time getting a Samsung microwave fixed than I did with a Whirlpool dishwasher.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
Do a search of that person of all posts.......your answer is there.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Let's not forget, Service Smart, stay away from them at all cost.
Closed Thread

Tags
companies, vir, mgt, property, talking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.