What is the craziest thing you have seen in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2021, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry8bal View Post
The most ignorant thing I've seen in The Villages is when the Developer used to have buffalo where the care center next to Freedom Pointe is now. That used to be a nice open field and fenced in and they had buffalo roaming there. Many times they would be next to the fence and you could stop in your golf cart and just watch them . . . .

UNTIL some stupid, ignorant Villager lifted his granddaughter up onto the back of one of those buffalo to get a picture. Luckily the little girl was okay but because of his stupidity and possible liability, the buffalo were taken away.
The Buffalo were awesome. They were also in the field where Mission Hills is now. There were double fences if memory serves
Old 05-15-2021, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
I'll never forget the first time I saw a golf cart driven by a clown!
Hmmmm, wouldn't it be stranger to see a golf cart NOT being driven by a clown?
Old 05-15-2021, 08:15 PM

Woman holding a poop sack under back end of her dog hoping dog did business directly into the sack. Maybe she didn't like the squishy feel of picking it off the ground?
Old 05-16-2021, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcheval View Post
I saw a golf cart towing a nice Weber grill down the road.
If that was on Fenney Way that was me. Bringing grill from my brothers house to mine. I thought of selling hotdogs on the way…lol
Old 05-16-2021, 04:59 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCovid View Post
On this past new years eve, I saw an elderly female being driven by a chauffeur inside a brand new silver Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Rolls-Royce stopped and parked at the Neighborhood Walmart on Morse and the elderly female went inside the store. Funny how someone can drop over $400K on a car, but still shop at the local Walmart in order to save a few bucks.
I've seen things kind of like that as well. My parents always said that maybe that's why they could afford the nicer things. They saved when they could?
Old 05-16-2021, 05:07 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
A Global Pandemic rage thru the Villages and People Eating in Restaurants!
Still waiting for a 'raging pandemic' in TV.

Must have missed that one...
Old 05-16-2021, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Hate such and ugly word to be thrown around.
People are having fun in this thread. No reason to pee in someone's cheerios....
Old 05-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 05-16-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

A couple asking if they had a 'senior citizens discount' at a restaurant in TV...
Old 05-16-2021, 12:47 PM

In Ireland, they drive the opposite direction than what we do on a round-about. I was driving in Ireland and I had to be extremely careful to remember to go the opposite way than what we do here. My husband and I saw someone going the wrong way here and figured they were from Europe. We just let them go around the wrong way as there was no traffic at that time. Remember people from Europe drive on the other side of the road than what we do. I agree that the person might not be drunk, but confused.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima2000 View Post
I also saw that panther behind our house in the field. Also a bobcat sitting on our cement patio looking into our lanai.

How long ago was this???
Old 05-16-2021, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddfl View Post
In Ireland, they drive the opposite direction than what we do on a round-about. I was driving in Ireland and I had to be extremely careful to remember to go the opposite way than what we do here. My husband and I saw someone going the wrong way here and figured they were from Europe. We just let them go around the wrong way as there was no traffic at that time. Remember people from Europe drive on the other side of the road than what we do. I agree that the person might not be drunk, but confused.
People in Europe drive on the very same side of the road that we do.

UK, Ireland, Australia, St Thomas, and most all British protectorates except Gibraltar drive on the opposite side from us.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCovid View Post
On this past new years eve, I saw an elderly female being driven by a chauffeur inside a brand new silver Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Rolls-Royce stopped and parked at the Neighborhood Walmart on Morse and the elderly female went inside the store. Funny how someone can drop over $400K on a car, but still shop at the local Walmart in order to save a few bucks.
Mrs Walton wasn't shopping..just checking up on one of her stores.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Sage

One of the craziest things I didn't see, thankfully, was my DIY husband's version of making a car act like a truck when he bought a BBQ grill and patio set from Lowe's and moved it to our new house 13 years ago. But there was not a lot of traffic then.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1746 (2) (1024x766).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	89524  
Old 05-17-2021, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddfl View Post
Don't worry about Brits and Irish, we know how to navigate roundabouts.
Unless we are pi55ed of course, then all bets are off!
Closed Thread

Tags
heading, colony, golf, cart, tunnel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.