What is the definition of a Covid 19 Case?

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
Everything we now hear is based on Covid 19 "Case Counts".
Yet, I can't seem to find exactly what the Factual definition of a Covid case is.
I believe it means a positive test result, but then what does that mean?
Is it that you are currently testing positive, or that you were previously positive?
(For the record we got Vax'd. as soon a we possibly could get it, in later Jan.
To this point no known side effects, nor contracting Covid.) Thus, not anti Vax.
Just can't seem to get "The Rest of The Story". Yet, it is an hourly headline!
p.s. DHS has disclosed that over 1Mil. have come across the So. border so far this
year, with a totally unknown number of "Got Aways". They won't disclose how
many of those Illegals are positive Covid cases, nor were they are being sent
all over the country. So what factor are they contributing to the Covid spread?
Not being cynical, but not getting told factual information either.
It is proven that if you have dead covid cells in your nasal passage, you will still test positive. I have become totally skeptical of any information that either side of the media are reporting and especially what the government and the CDC are reporting.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:17 AM

Having had Covid, I kept testing until I was a negative before I went around other people. Luckily I did not get very sick at all, no worse than a cold. I did discover though, even though I was one case and one person, every time I still tested positive within a several week range, it was counted as a new Covid case. They follow the tests not the people. This holds true for everyone that needed to keep testing before they could go back to work.

Supposedly the news says there’s a certain percentage of immigrants coming in that are refusing the vax, and a certain percentage that are testing positive. I’m sure that’s all factored and added in but we will never know definite answers or numbers.

I have had two antibodies tests and mine are still extremely high. I’ve been advised to wait for a vax as I would most likely get very bad reactions yet. That’s from my doctor, but I’m sure it’s all guess work still.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:22 AM
Default Why "shot" at evangelicals? Read data vs listening to propoganda

Read data as to who is not getting vaccinated vs listening & spreading propoganda please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
If your sick enough to think you need a Covid Test then test positive you are your infected it’s quite simple.
I seriously doubt every single person crossing the border is infected some but not all.
I’m more concerned with the anti vaccine movement even Franklin Graham is loosing his flock. Many Evangelical scammers are telling there flock not to take the vaccine and not to wear masks.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:56 AM
Default Data are garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1717 View Post
Having had Covid, I kept testing until I was a negative before I went around other people. Luckily I did not get very sick at all, no worse than a cold. I did discover though, even though I was one case and one person, every time I still tested positive within a several week range, it was counted as a new Covid case. They follow the tests not the people. This holds true for everyone that needed to keep testing before they could go back to work.

Supposedly the news says there’s a certain percentage of immigrants coming in that are refusing the vax, and a certain percentage that are testing positive. I’m sure that’s all factored and added in but we will never know definite answers or numbers.

I have had two antibodies tests and mine are still extremely high. I’ve been advised to wait for a vax as I would most likely get very bad reactions yet. That’s from my doctor, but I’m sure it’s all guess work still.
>> every time I still tested positive within a several week range, it was counted as a new Covid case.<< Like Bill Gates states, "The COVID data are garbage".
Old 08-03-2021, 07:09 AM

You asked one question, and actually answered it yourself, and then switched to something different - immigration. I think the immigrants should worry more about coming here because of the variant. I also think the rest of us should be worried more about the anti-vaxxers and others who are refusing to get vaccinated.

Quote:
Yet, I can't seem to find exactly what the Factual definition of a Covid case is.
Is it that you are currently testing positive, or that you were previously positive?
To this point no known side effects, nor contracting Covid.) Thus, not anti Vax.
p.s. DHS has disclosed that over 1Mil. have come across the So. border so far this
Old 08-03-2021, 07:40 AM

Nothing is clear cut. The way it's meant to be
Old 08-03-2021, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

The data is so politically tainted that I do not accept most information at face value.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:13 AM

I am astounded that this whole thread never mentions Covid deaths. Aren’t deaths the reason for your fears? According to the CDC’s own stats, link available, 25,888 died the week ending January 9, 2021 and 1264 died the week ending July 24, 2021 from Covid. Less than 26 per State on average. Over 70% of the deaths in January were to people over 65. Less than 3% of the deaths in January were to people under 18. Now these are CDC numbers based on “cause of death”. We are all aware of how these numbers have been manipulated or fudged if you will. Are you really worried about getting a chest cold or are you worried about dying? Also, the CDC, with over 16000 employees, never tracked the names of the people who died to see if Covid was truly the cause of death or if the people who died died from another reason and, oh by the way, they have Covid too. The kids under 18 were never tracked to see if they too had contributing factors or if Covid was truly the cause of death. Let’s focus on what really matters.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:15 AM

How would you know the factual unless you knew the facts ?
There is no stupid questions I’m told by experts .
Best to talk to your primary care doctor about or any Hospital .
I believe you will be educated as they are proud of the job they have
done and risks to themselves and their family taken and would be very forthcoming with information for you . Let’s not overload are healthcare system with people who have Covid 19 (probably variant type ) and are showing severe symptoms. Currently they say at a younger age group now .
Old 08-03-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
In terms of."factual information," all the information we have on anything is SPUN.
Data? They have never done a random survey, data on a group of several hundred thousand either at the start or now.

I recall reading years ago that they could not figure out why people in Africa lived far longer with aids then people in other parts of the world. The further study was interesting. There was money for aids care but not for other diseases. Doctors, needing to be paid, would misdiagnose a disease as aids to be paid.

We have exactly that happening with COVID 19.

We are told the infection rate in China is, I think I saw less than ours. Is the data collected and reported the same way?

A valid response. An un-spun response cost vs results. NOPE.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
There are confirmed and probable cases. Confirmed are as described - confirmed by a positive COVID test. Could be a PCR test or other and you can debate the merits of the different test all you want but they are confirmed cases. Probable cases are just that, someone made a determination that a case was most likely to be COVID. Just as with the confirmed cases, you can debate the merits of the observation as much as one wants.

If someone said the actual cases were off by 10% I personally wouldn't argue since nobody really knows. That number would still be directionally correct. If someone said the actual cases were off by 50% I'd not discuss the topic with that person any longer as they were coming at this with a different objective than many. With regards to someone testing positive more than once - again, probably not significant in the macro view.

Not sure what relevance the immigration numbers have on this. The data clearly shows (of late) that the overwhelming majority of cases are from folks who have not been vaccinated. If you could prove that the immigrants that were crossing the border were subsequently traveling to areas where the majority of the residents were not vaccinated then you could probably make a credible argument the surge was a result of immigration crossings or at least contributed to by those crossings. Makes for great news headlines but the correlation/causation argument has never been made because it would be incredibly hard to make.

The border crisis is not a COVID crisis but the media hasn't relied on demonstrable facts for years and clearly they have no intention of starting now.

Perhaps, a problem with all discussions. We need to discuss one problem at a time.

Reality does not happen that way. It is and always has been all at once.

People-will always blame someone other than themselves. The we are good they are bad we clearly see everywhere.

We demand perfect answers. Reality is there is no perfection.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
The Delta variant can spread itself to (on average) 5 people. The previous US variant could spread it to 2 people. So, that is the basis for the answer to that last question posed - there IS just no way to accurately quantify spread due to ANY particular group.

Personally, I see NO reason to question how and from where cases are counted - that matters NOT to me! If I were bothered, I would simply refer to hospitalizations and deaths. To me, it is NOT THE ACCURACY of the numbers of a particular POINT in time. I concentrate my attention on the TRENDS from the CDCs statistics. Trends affect my personal risk calculation and resultant behavior. I think of CV and Delta as a war that humans are fighting and are now on the defensive because we stopped our attack in about April because the anti-vaxxers wanted to show their support for Russian inspired ideas that have succeeded in splitting our America - and sending the US into a tailspin of chaos. So, we have retreated and the ENEMY MUTATED and now has stronger weapons. Our Captains and Lieutenants are dazed and confused and shouting orders that contradict each other.

So, personally, I am more WORRIED about big-picture concepts than small statistical details!

Last edited by jimjamuser; 08-03-2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: wrong tense
Old 08-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Are we back at The initial goal to avoid overwhelming hospitals and needing to delay elective surgery?
I mentioned last week that elective surgeries for many would be cancelled. And I was dismissed by many loud posters as some ranting alarmist. If you cry "wolf" and a wolf pack is really circling your small village - are you REALLY an alarmist or are you just a concerned citizen?

Last edited by jimjamuser; 08-03-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

You'll never get the correct answer in this forum, however, if you stay at a Holiday Inn Express tonight...

I have no answer, other than if you simply treat this like the flu, then a whole lot more people will die. The death count from COVID in the last 1.5 years is more than double all of those who died from the flu over the past 10 years. Maybe Mother Earth is fighting back?
Old 08-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
It is proven that if you have dead covid cells in your nasal passage, you will still test positive. I have become totally skeptical of any information that either side of the media are reporting and especially what the government and the CDC are reporting.
This kind of information (or disbelief of it) IS EXACTLY why Moscow pays the big bucks to hackers and trolls - it is easier and cheaper to infect the US with the stupidity of chaos than to actually invade our borders physically. A lie travels around the world 5 times before the truth starts to catch up. Lies and disinformation are powerful - they have spawned a social media and a TV channel in the US. That IS the reason that more people are confused and give up trying to think clearly after their introduction around 1995. Ultimately misinformation IS the reason that vaccinations leveled off around April and a NEW, wonderful bouncing baby VIRUS named Delta (like Delta Dawn) was born (or more accurately, mutated). And some religious minority is only TOO HAPPY to line up to kiss cute little Delta Dawn (or are we talking Delta Doom?)
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, positive, case, factual, definition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.