Air ducts???

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2019, 11:03 PM
Default Air ducts???

No matter how often I clean them, we're getting a fine layer of dust on the surfaces in just one room, no matter how often I clean them during the day. We have been in this house for 12 years and this has just started in the last 9 months. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions
Old 01-28-2019, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Maybe construction creating fine dust? I get the same thing, I clean out the air box, change the furnace filter every 3 months with high dollar filter. Clean the vent grates and still see the fine dust.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:49 AM

The vent for the cold air return collects dust just like the tops of furniture, base boards, hard surface flooring. The vents for the air conditioner/heat that bring in the heat or cool air should not have dust due to the filter in the air handler if that filter is changed regularly--at least once every three to six months. If there is any dust in the house, the cold air return vent will have dust. We don't even have carpet anywhere in the house, nor do we have pets, but still have to dust regularly. We wonder where the dust comes from also.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:16 AM
Veteran member

We have the same experience also. We have had our ducts cleaned. We have lived in this house about 6 years now and it has not slowed down at all. The worst room is the master bedroom, which is the farthest from the beginning of the heat system. We have wood floors so dust will be easily seen, especially under the bed. I wonder if the "dust" is some of the finer blown in insulation finding its way into a duct via an opening or slit in the duct work. The dust mop is used continually, along with surface dust on furniture. We change our furnace filter on a regular basis also.
Closed Thread

Tags
clean, matter, started, years, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.