What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

I think they need to be redone. I too am from Mi and one of the reasons I like TV so much is how good the roads are.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
We were just over there and it appears that they just sealed and striped the parking lots. It doesn't appear to have been resurfaced.

Last edited by big guy; 09-23-2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 09-24-2019, 04:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb48310 View Post

Roads over all in The Villages are fine. I’m from Michigan and the roads are the definition of bad. When I feel homesick I drive to the post office in the historic section to get my fix for potholes, but they’re just minor league.
Where I live, you knew when the road gangs were coming to do the patching. A few days before work started, a surveyor came and sprayed a white ring around any hole deep enough to warrant a repair.

I have no idea how many others had the same idea as my neighbor and I, but we bought a can of white spray, and one evening went to town around the area spraying the lesser holes they missed out!
Think the idea was general in many areas, as they now mark, and number the holes in sequence, and photograph them at same time!!
Old 09-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
We were just over there and it appears that they just sealed and striped the parking lots. It doesn't appear to have been resurfaced.
Sorry the parking lots in question were repaved. Just like Nucky said. I saw them when they were torn up.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb48310 View Post

Roads over all in The Villages are fine. I’m from Michigan and the roads are the definition of bad. When I feel homesick I drive to the post office in the historic section to get my fix for potholes, but they’re just minor league.
You obviously haven't been up to the Historic District lately. I agree that most of the roads in The Villages are fine and I'm wondering what all the fuss is about Morse and Buena Vista. I travel those roads daily and I see very little problems.

However, La Grande Blvd where the Post Office is, is a mess and several other streets up here are in need of resurfacing.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
morse, taxes, b.v, south, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.