What was going on in Wildwood yesterday?

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityzen View Post
What planet do you live on? Mass shootings happen literally every day in the US. We are a savage stupid country in so many eays.
Only happens in the USA, correct???
Old 06-22-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGo View Post
1 Dead 9 injured. Thought I had moved away from this kind of thing.
There is so much crime in and around this area as a single woman it scares me to death. I’ve had homeless people on 301 block my car begging while in traffic. The sales pitch to me was everything is close by and available which is not true. The developer has their hands in everything. Once I saw other developments in Florida I realized there’s not much for a single woman. The crime is increasing here all the time and I’m very worried.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlspiess View Post
I also feel lack of discipline growing up.
Do agree. At one time I thought between being in the Bible Belt & the folks legally carrying weapons that Florida would be low crime.

However Florida, I believe, still is 3rd in murder rate. Higher than New York (10th)

Today it seems, too many take responsibility for nothing.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
Do agree. At one time I thought between being in the Bible Belt & the folks legally carrying weapons that Florida would be low crime.

However Florida, I believe, still is 3rd in murder rate. Higher than New York (10th)

"Today it seems, too many take responsibility for nothing."

Including those who "have" and are blessed.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
This is from about 50 years ago and the writer of the books was certainly anti politician. But the fact of the matter is we're certainly a lot better off as a country and a world than we were 70 years ago
We certainly are, yet don't dismiss the fact that disrespect, apathy, lack of compassion,etc. has increased over several generations. The family is the cornerstone to raising good, respectful, compassionate and caring children who will carry those values to adulthood. They can forward those values to future generations.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:46 AM

Watch the news. ON morning and evening news for two days
Old 06-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
There is so much crime in and around this area as a single woman it scares me to death. I’ve had homeless people on 301 block my car begging while in traffic. The sales pitch to me was everything is close by and available which is not true. The developer has their hands in everything. Once I saw other developments in Florida I realized there’s not much for a single woman. The crime is increasing here all the time and I’m very worried.
I hear you. You are close to everything IF you buy a place close to everything. Not all the houses are close to shopping.

Safety is relative. Relative to other places. TV is very safe in most areas. Depends what you consider safe. What do you need to feel safe, and then where that place is. Right now there are very few houses available for sale in TV compared to other times. So you don’t have much choice.

Personally I fear nature a little more than the people in TV, hurricanes, wild life etc. it is when I leave “the bubble” that I go on higher alert.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:09 AM

That is not unusual. Wildwood is a violent area. Brownwood has a police annex for a good reason. No other town square has police protection.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
That is not unusual. Wildwood is a violent area. Brownwood has a police annex for a good reason. No other town square has police protection.
Many of the crimes that I read about are from people living within TV, sometimes children and grandchildren of the owners who are living here, not just the communities outside. This is not unusual, there are crime areas in and around most communities. You have to be vigilant wherever you go. I have been driving 301 just about every day for over 4 years now and have never been bothered by anyone.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:27 AM

Back in the 50’s there were very few guns on the streets. We can thank our “leaders” for making them so accessible.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,299 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
Florida = Guns, God and drugs. Along with Texas etc.
Any civilized country with reasonable gun laws has no where near the number of shootings that the US does.
No, just stabbing, like in England....

Oh, wait, we have those too...

So I guess it's not the guns...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-22-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
I assume you are aware of the close proximity to Sumter Landing (Sumter county) and Spanish Springs (Lady Lake police) of police protection.

And the presence within those squares of actual police.

I also assume you are aware of the crime that occurs within The Villages proper.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:45 AM
Default 😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
Back in the 50’s there were very few guns on the streets. We can thank our “leaders” for making them so accessible.
I’m sure all the criminals will abide by any new gun control laws you anti gun people put in….
Old 06-22-2021, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
No, just stabbing, like in England....

Oh, wait, we have those too...

So I guess it's not the guns...
It was never guns that themselves are or were the problem.

It is, and always has been the ease and proximity of guns.

Poster mentioned Texas.....as of September, you may carry a gun with no permit or training which by the way is opposed by most Texan citizens.

And we seem to be lessening any punishment for violation of what gun laws still exist.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,299 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post

Neither FL or NY are in the top 10...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
yesterday, police, food, fast, establishments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.