What Happens When The Developer Is Gone

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Default What Happens When The Developer Is Gone

We plan to move to TV soon but one thing keeps bouncing around in the back of my mind.... What happens when the developer moves on? Will we be stuck with huge payments to keep everything running? Please tell me I have nothing to worry about because TV looks like such a great place to retire.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are no guarantees....and fewer years in the future than are behind us. It is a risk most of us are willing to take.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Veteran member
Default I wouldn't be too concerned about the developer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
We plan to move to TV soon but one thing keeps bouncing around in the back of my mind.... What happens when the developer moves on? Will we be stuck with huge payments to keep everything running? Please tell me I have nothing to worry about because TV looks like such a great place to retire.
Property owners in TV are paying to keep everything running already. Seems to me that systems are already in place that keep TV running like a well-oiled machine.

And prices in TV seem to be market driven from homes to restaurant prices to Championship golf course greens fees.

Even if "the developer" moved on, those that follow would probably not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. At least that's what I'm banking on...

Besides, "the developer" *built* TV, but the residents *make* it TV.

Dirigo

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 01-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Well said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are no guarantees....and fewer years in the future than are behind us. It is a risk most of us are willing to take.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts
Default There is usually a transition plan when a developer

finally leaves. If there is money/profit to be had rest assured the "developer" will have something in mind to run this retirement megalopolis that in fact generates millions of dollars per year in fees and bonds.

Many, many communities have prospered after the developer leaves. The bigger surprises come from what the developer has been subsidizing to keep TV marketable profile. Hopefully that has been or will be minimalized as they proceed toward completion.

btk
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage
Default may never happen

IMHO, if you drive around the south and west sides of TV, there is a lot of vacant or under-used land, and with pockets as deep as the developer seems to have, completion may never happen in our lifetimes.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.