What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Default Re: What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

That is partly correct.........to be called a Realtor you have to belong the the NAR national association of Realtors and abide by their code of ethics. It has nothing to do with real estate firms. I know because i am a Realtor.* 8)
Old 05-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Veteran member

Hmmmm. A little clarification is in order here. The agents working for the developer are licensed be the State of Florida as either Salespersons or Brokers to conduct real estate business in the State. Those licensees do not belong to the National Association of REALTORS, however.

Members of the National Association of REALTORS are 1- Licensed by the State of Florida in the same way agents for The Villages are licensed. and 2. They are able to use the term REALTOR by virtue of that membership. The sales people of TV are indeed not REALTORS. They are Agents of The Villages.

While that may sound like splitting hairs, trust me it is not. The difference is wide, and anyone doing business with salespersons from TV should understand exactly who those sales persons owe their loyalty.

My background = Florida Licensed Broker, Instructor and REALTOR for 18+ years

Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Agent, rep, realtor, whatever terminology you want to use, all of them work for THE SALE!! Sure, some may be better at listening, not pushy, researching more, but the bottom line is THE SALE! I am not saying anything is wrong with this, it's the way things work, but don't try and make it sound like, if the buyers wanted a house, and the realtor/rep/agent didn't think the house was right for them, that they would back out and tell them to get another agent or anything. Both sides work for THE SALE, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM

I used Carrol Jullianilly from the VILLAGES and was very happy with her
There was no pressure at all :hot: :hot: :hot:
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Sage

BS - I think it is spelled Carol Julianelli (if it's the same one) and she was great with us although we haven't purcased yet.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We had Karen D. first and she left for a few days off after showing us new houses and taking us around for about two and a half hours. Then we needed someone else to show us a house we found by ourselves.

Our second person was/is Jim McLaughlin, a mature man who has been so helpful, even to going out and measuring the windows on our new house, without really being asked to. (He knew I wanted to sew window treatments.) He is a good listener, and "our age". We liked him a lot. He even took pictures and sent them to us on the day of closing, which we did by mail. He is a villager and lives in his second village home, a Villa, (he downsized from a ranch.) We liked him because he was so honest and not at all show off or pretentious or anything like "slick Eddie, the used car salesman".
Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage

I overheard that one of the new "reps" is a great grandson of Mr. Schwartz.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
BS - I think it is spelled Carol Julianelli (if it's the same one) and she was great with us although we haven't purcased yet. Thats her next time i 'll do it with my glasses on
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM

Does anyone know what the difference is in commissions for the sale of a pre-owned v. a new home?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

All right, I am going to plug our agent, Audrey Sullivan. She worked with us for years, always keeping in touch while never being overbearing. She even scored me primo Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone tickets before we came down to buy this spring. Now that's above and beyond. She also understood the Number 6 reference.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:17 PM

The Prisoner...A great show

Bob Boyd was my salesman. He worked with me for almost 3 years and e-mail conversations were like chats. He carries a Blackberry and responds to e-mails in seconds.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
Agent, rep, realtor, whatever terminology you want to use, all of them work for THE SALE!! Sure, some may be better at listening, not pushy, researching more, but the bottom line is THE SALE! I am not saying anything is wrong with this, it's the way things work, but don't try and make it sound like, if the buyers wanted a house, and the realtor/rep/agent didn't think the house was right for them, that they would back out and tell them to get another agent or anything. Both sides work for THE SALE, nothing more, nothing less.
I couldn't disagree with you more.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
I have never, underline NEVER, seen less pressure from a real estate person and we didn't hear anything that remotely sounded like a sales pitch from the two reps we had.It was UN-believable!!! I am not an ingenue, I have retired from being an independent apparel rep for 25 years. There are different methods for closing a sale and I believe this group has been DIRECTED to be low key. You know what? It works.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:11 AM

Realtor Debra Park is great -- Probably the hardest working realtor in TV --#352-753-2270
Old 05-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
Ron, have to disagree with you on this one!! It sounds as if you've experienced some greedy agents. But please don't judge an entire industry based on your negative experiences.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.