Local Travel Agents

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Default Local Travel Agents

Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience with Legendary Journeys. I can't believe they are still in business with all the bad raps on the Internet .
Also, has anyone dealt with the Expedia office onside Walmart.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Sage

I used Legendary Journeys one time and would not recommend them to anyone. They use the cheapest air routing they can find no matter that it may take several hours longer to get to the destination. They always have the cheapest hotels booked and you pay upgrades to get to the decent ones. Read my tripadvisor.com review on the Royal Palace Hotel in Italy regarding the bright orange rooms, etc. Bright Orange Rooms!! - Review of Royal Palace Hotel, Montecatini Terme, Italy - TripAdvisor I also tell something of Legendary Journeys in the review.

I did look into a cruise using Expedia (from WalMart). They did not offer any incentives whatsoever for using Expedia over any other travel agent.

I booked my most recent cruise on Celebrity's Eclipse (coming up in March) using CruCon.com. Very reliable internet cruise consolidator and they give good incentives such as pre-paid gratuities.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Default Misinformed

I hate to tell you this, but the internet site that you booked on had nothing to do with the "Free Gratuities" incentive! This was (is) a current promotion by Celebrity Cruiseline, offering EITHER free gratuities, $300 ship board credit or a free beverage package for 2 people. Before you assume a travel agency cannot offer you incentives, perhaps you should inquire first.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran member
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorijBar View Post
I hate to tell you this, but the internet site that you booked on had nothing to do with the "Free Gratuities" incentive! This was (is) a current promotion by Celebrity Cruiseline, offering EITHER free gratuities, $300 ship board credit or a free beverage package for 2 people. Before you assume a travel agency cannot offer you incentives, perhaps you should inquire first.
it is about time someone told it like it really is. one can go directly thru the cruise line and book and get whatever incentives are available. however, if you have questions you will never get the same person twice and relationship building is not what you will get which is something that you will have with a travel agent. the same with internet agencies...never the same person twice. do you have questions? what sort of excursions are good at particular ports? you will not get those kind of recommendations from on line sources or from internet agencies. thank you lorijbar for this information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.