What are they thinking?

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2020, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
So explain why states that have mandatory mask mandates are spiking at a rates equal to or higher than states without mandatory mask requirements? Look at the states & look at the number of positive cases. Then based on those numbers, justify why “we need immediate county action on a mask mandate”.
Possibly because most all the mandates were put into effect AFTER the states in question were taken over by the recent spikes not before ??
Old 11-18-2020, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south.

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up?
LOL, getting back to the ORIGINAL POST in this thread it turns out everything was not fully opened up in the squares. The squares are still under the same limits as they have been except no tickets are needed any longer. They are counting people and when it reaches the same max number as it was with tickets sold they close down entry. First come first served.

Only change was no ticketing which was useless anyway because they let people in after 6PM and sometimes at 5PM without tickets since day 3 when they realized the ticket idea was a fail.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Possibly because most all the mandates were put into effect AFTER the states in question were taken over by the recent spikes not before ??
Sorry, simply not true. Look it up.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yeah, NY, NJ and CT have had a mask mandate in place since June/July. I also know that my company in NJ and most companies started requiring them in April. You can't go inside anywhere without one. As I said up thread. Masks do not prevent infection for the wearer. The Danish clinical study out yesterday supports this. Denmark trial measures effectiveness of adding a mask recommendation to other public health measures for preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection

The study was silent on whether it protects others and how masks affect disease severity. We know from animal studies that the initial dose(Inoculum) of a virus does change the LD50(Lethal dose in 50% of exposed). We know that masks do reduce inoculum. It stands to reason that you have a better chance of a better case when you are wearing a mask.

At this point, there have been enough studies done on Vitamin D to show that if you have a healthy serum level of D in your system, your odds improve DRASTICALLY! Your chance of not dying improve 89%!(see link below) I'd rather see a Vitamin D mandate than a mask mandate.

Vitamin D and survival in COVID-19 patients: A quasi-experimental study - ScienceDirect

--->The full-adjusted hazard ratio for mortality according to vitamin D3 supplementation was HR = 0.11[95 %CI:0.03;0.48], P = 0.003.<---

HR = Hazard Ratio, I.E. an 89% improvement. A 1.0 would mean zero risk reduction.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
I am referring to the states that are being clobbered **NOW** with geometrically increasing cases and overloaded facilities with super high positivity who refused before not states who have "spiked" to a relatively small 3-5%. Like Iowa, N Dakota, Louisiana and a couple others. Of course then there are those states where the Gov actually PROHIBITS mask mandates or refuses to allow local counties to enforce them like the one and only Ronnie D.

People are now saying "See, in Iowa (or N Dakota etc) they have a mask mandate and it doesn't help." Well of course not because the doofus governess implemented it after the damage has been done. It's too late, you can't bring back dead people.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I am referring to the states that are being clobbered **NOW** with geometrically increasing cases and overloaded facilities with super high positivity who refused before not states who have "spiked" to a relatively small 3-5%. Like Iowa, N Dakota, Louisiana and a couple others. Of course then there are those states where the Gov actually PROHIBITS mask mandates or refuses to allow local counties to enforce them like the one and only Ronnie D.

People are now saying "See, in Iowa (or N Dakota etc) they have a mask mandate and it doesn't help." Well of course not because the doofus governess implemented it after the damage has been done. It's too late, you can't bring back dead people.
The CDC just reversed themselves and are now saying that schools should not be closed. That's right - children should be IN class AT their schools.

I'm glad to live in Florida where parents have the choice of keeping their kids at home or sending their kids to school.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
The CDC just reversed themselves and are now saying that schools should not be closed. That's right - children should be IN class AT their schools.

I'm glad to live in Florida where parents have the choice of keeping their kids at home or sending their kids to school.
So, I guess you're okay with people being near your mother without a mask.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
So, I guess you're okay with people being near your mother without a mask.
No, my mom has been taking prudent precautions. We wear masks around her when we can't keep a proper social distance. We celebrated Mother's Day outside and will celebrate Thanksgiving around our large dining room table with the windows open.

I've also helped her by running errands or taking her to stores at less busy times.

Nobody had to order me to do those things, either.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage

We had to go to the hospital but not for a reason related to Covid. After my husband was "admitted" to be an in-patient we spent five hours in the ER waiting for a room to open up. When I talked to the ER nurse about the long and uncomfortable wait, she explained that the hospitals are overwhelmed and short-staffed. Many nurses have quit. The long hours and extra demand put on them is "just not worth it."

If some people's selfish behavior causes them to get COVID and thus put extra demand on the medical workers, then shame-on them and their bad behavior.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
We had to go to the hospital but not for a reason related to Covid. After my husband was "admitted" to be an in-patient we spent five hours in the ER waiting for a room to open up. When I talked to the ER nurse about the long and uncomfortable wait, she explained that the hospitals are overwhelmed and short-staffed. Many nurses have quit. The long hours and extra demand put on them is "just not worth it."

If some people's selfish behavior causes them to get COVID and thus put extra demand on the medical workers, then shame-on them and their bad behavior.
I think that all of the added Covid protocols and onerous paperwork have had something to do with why hospitals are becoming short staffed.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
I think that all of the added Covid protocols and onerous paperwork have had something to do with why hospitals are becoming short staffed.
Protocols? Paper work? I doubt that is what is causing health care workers to quit their jobs. Think about it.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post

Obviously, you are not speaking of The Villages hospital. Plenty of rooms, but there is always a wait in the ER for a room. It's famous for long ER waits. Of course, like everything, there are always exceptions to the norm.
Most folks with the virus are sent home. Only the ones with breathing problems are kept. I see no reason for spreading panic. After all, the vaccine will start being distributed next month or the following month. Still, most folks get over it anyway.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:

Are you referring to states like Pennsylvania who have had long standing mask mandates? They are really spiking. But wait, that can’t be possible...
Old 11-20-2020, 05:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to Florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, WTF?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the Villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the Villages Covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate Covid victims.

OK, all the Covid deniers, let me have it, I can deal with it.
I just checked the webs cams Brownwood about 30 people line dancing Sumter landing very few. Spanish springs sunset blocking camera but then it's only 5:15
Old 11-20-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
No, my mom has been taking prudent precautions. We wear masks around her when we can't keep a proper social distance. We celebrated Mother's Day outside and will celebrate Thanksgiving around our large dining room table with the windows open.

I've also helped her by running errands or taking her to stores at less busy times.

Nobody had to order me to do those things, either.
I was not referring to you. Other people , strangers like you that don't wear a mask and don't care about their fellow man only their "rights".
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, sell, pandemic, houses, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.