What villages are active with new closings? Looking for boxes.

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2022, 11:12 AM
Default What villages are active with new closings? Looking for boxes.

I’m looking for boxes. I thought I would ride around new areas that people are moving into. Village and street names would be helpful. Also, do the areas south of 44 have a separate recycling day? Thanks
Old 04-27-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbaru View Post
I’m looking for boxes. I thought I would ride around new areas that people are moving into. Village and street names would be helpful. Also, do the areas south of 44 have a separate recycling day? Thanks
Try St. John, on the south side of Lake Okahumpka.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:39 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

May I suggest that rather than ride around as if you are casing neighborhoods - join this FB group where you can request the gifting of moving boxes and folks will respond with offers if they have them to give you for free.

Old 04-27-2022, 06:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,049 Times in 538 Posts

Cason Hammock

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-28-2022, 07:49 AM

Give me a call. I have many boxes for you.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	tvbc.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	93531  
Old 04-28-2022, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Walmart always has boxes
Old 04-28-2022, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Walmart always has boxes

So does Uhaul but who wants to buy them… I found the best size box for moving egg crate boxes. Easy to lift and stackable dolly friendly.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
May I suggest that rather than ride around as if you are casing neighborhoods - join this FB group where you can request the gifting of moving boxes and folks will respond with offers if they have them to give you for free.

No law against driving through neighborhoods unless of course they Are gated….
Old 04-29-2022, 07:25 AM
Default What day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Cason Hammock
What days are trash pickup? Thanks
Old 04-29-2022, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbaru View Post
Are you a Sam's Club member? They throw out piles of boxes every day. Not all are suitable for moving but I imagine some would be, and I'd bet they'd be happy if you offered to take them.

Also Lowe's sell boxes. Two years ago the size medium were fifty two cents apiece (most likely more now) but they come equipped with handles and work well. They also have packing tape, labels, etc.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Are you a Sam's Club member? They throw out piles of boxes every day. Not all are suitable for moving but I imagine some would be, and I'd bet they'd be happy if you offered to take them.

Also Lowe's sell boxes. Two years ago the size medium were fifty two cents apiece (most likely more now) but they come equipped with handles and work well. They also have packing tape, labels, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions. Loews medium are now $1.64!
Old 04-29-2022, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,113 Posts

$1.64 a box what an outrageous price , if it was me I would spend my whole day following thrash runs or begging at the back door at sams , Publix , win Dixie then pay that much
Old 04-30-2022, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
$1.64 a box what an outrageous price , if it was me I would spend my whole day following thrash runs or begging at the back door at sams , Publix , win Dixie then pay that much
Different strokes for different folks. I moved with over 200 boxes. All of them were reclaimed. In terms of the number of boxes I used, it was far more than the 200 as I also used the corrugated cardboard to double line the bottom of the boxes with fragile stuff.

Not a single item got broken on my long distance move. I did not add to the trash problem. I just moved it.

Far as tape to close boxes. I at one time many years ago did concealed shortages.
It was a bit like Sherlock Holmes. Your property is out of your care. You do not know who has access to it. That plastic tape. Anyone can buy that stuff. They can cut the bottom with a razor knife, take your ????? and re-tape the box you will never know. Once you sign a clear bill of lading, you do not have a leg to stand on. I used the old
paper tape that you need to wet and I glued my boxes closed using hot melt glue or
liquid Elmers kind of glue. Works fine diluted with half water and you can buy it by the gallon.

My boxes, I cut them up and put them out with the trash. After my packing they would not work for a third use.

I would photo each item that you pack and how it is packed. Any issue with a mover.
They will of course demand proof it was there and if it is broken they will CLAIM you did not pack it properly. Yes, I did go through that. Yes, they did try. They were shocked by my records, and my proof. YES, THEY DID PAY.
Closed Thread

Tags
boxes, areas, helpful, south, names

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.