What is wrong with all these old people in The Villages?!?

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2022, 08:24 PM

I moved here in 2001 and I asked the realtor why people waved at us when we passed each other in the golf cart. She told me that Harold Swartz wanted it to be known as the friendliest hometown. They had a radio contest and if you were stopped for waving at a radio employee, you would be handed a $100 bill. That contest was over when we moved here, but people got in the habit of waving at golf cart drivers. They don't wave as much as they did back then. Right now that would be a good thing to bring back. We'd have a lot of happy people trying to be noticed for waving.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddfl View Post
I moved here in 2001 and I asked the realtor why people waved at us when we passed each other in the golf cart. She told me that Harold Swartz wanted it to be known as the friendliest hometown. They had a radio contest and if you were stopped for waving at a radio employee, you would be handed a $100 bill. That contest was over when we moved here, but people got in the habit of waving at golf cart drivers. They don't wave as much as they did back then. Right now that would be a good thing to bring back. We'd have a lot of happy people trying to be noticed for waving.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
people, wrong, morning, villages, supposed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.