What is your favorite time of year in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
Summer is the best time here. It is not so crowded, and most neighborhoods are quiet, because of vacations and seasonal residents go north. There seem to be fewer Lifestyle visitors, and except for too many children (the town squares are no fun with kids around) most neighborhood pools are nearly deserted. There are also fewer renters here (who seem to think that TV is some sort of resort, and therefore abuse life under the dome). I hope that this does not sound like I am some sort of grouch, but I just like it when it is quiet here. So peaceful!
I am betting that TV residents who have their grandchildren and younger relatives visiting for a couple of weeks in the summer appreciate being able to bond with their family members. The summer visits may be the only time during the year when some TV residents see their grandchildren. And as far as renters abusing life under the dome, I have rented several times in The Villages since 2011, and this renter has not abused anything in The Villages. And I have no plans to abuse anything in TV when I return to TV in October. Why would I want to abuse a place where I hope to eventually live full time at some point in the future?

And so far my favorite months to visit TV have been May and October. But I have loved all the times I have been lucky enough to rent in The Villages.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Sage

Both spring and fall are wonderful. Summer and Winter are only "better than anywhere else".
Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
I notice an increase in those things during the high season, but will not blame it all on snowbirds. For full timers, the change in population is very noticeable leading to fewer tee times available, harder to get into restaurants and rec classes, etc. I think some seasonal residents do try to squeeze as much into their time here as possible, and I really can't judge them too harshly for it. They are paying amenity fees all year while they only get to enjoy what they pay for for a few months.

But I also believe some full timers become less tolerant as they see their tranquility and access compromised, so the rudeness mentioned earlier probably comes from both camps. Those who have been here for several years have noticed the most changes during the high season.

Frankly, I consider January through March as the exception. I will probably play less golf, stay away from the town squares a bit more, eat out less often, and still enjoy the weather and the community. 'Cuz I know I'll have at least six or seven months to do those things to my heart's content.

Oh, on the subject of traffic, a lot depends on where you come from. As a former resident of SoCal, traffic never seems heavy to me. But if I came here from a rural area, it may be overwhelming. Also, aggressive driving is a fact of life in some areas, principally large cities, and it takes a while for full timers to lose that tendency. But some seasonal residents and/or visitors will bring that driving style with them for the winter. To them, it's just normal. Just means you have to be more vigilant on the roads than usual.
mike well stated and I agree. It is what it is and so the best course of action is simply to adjust. The simple fact is that baby boomers are retiring a record pace and many will gravitate to places where there is plenty of sunshine lower taxes, etc
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
I like Summer because love the longer days .Winter it get dark too early .
But Summer is so hot .This is my first summer here .
me too Mary 2012-2013 hottest highest humidity experience for me since I arrived 2006. However it is easier to drive in heat than snow
Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn1tv View Post
Don't mean to be cruel, but I love the Villages when the snowbirds have gone north...no one running me over or cursing me on the road, I can shop without rudeness, and life is just better.
I like October when we usually return to TV. Look forward to running over and cursing the fulltimers. Nothing like being really rude when shopping. 1rotfl:
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB46 View Post
As a visitor so far, I see that rent is much cheaper during the Summer. Is this because of the Summer heat or something else?
The rent is the result of supply and demand. The demand is extremely high in Jan - March, and thus the rent is high. The spring and fall demand is moderate and thus the rent is more reasonable. In the summer the demand is low and the rents are low. I think the heat in the summer is part of the story, but it is as nice or nicer throughout the country in the summer so less of a draw for northerners. I know many Villagers who go to their homes in Michigan, Wisconsin, Maine, Mass...........and on, in the summer. I would like the summers in TV because of the cheap and easy to book golf. I play in Missouri in the summers in 100 degree + weather, so the Florida summer would not slow me down.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

This is our first summer in TV. I loooooooooooooooooooove the afternoon storms. Right after saying that, a crack of lightning and KABOOM of thunder just scared the **** out of me and knocked the bird off my shoulder. I am so glad our dog is not afraid of thunder.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.