What Are Your Plans for Thanksgiving?

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Sage
Default What Are Your Plans for Thanksgiving?

I was wondering if people wanted to share what their plans are for Thanksgiving.

It will be my first Thanksgiving in TV and will celebrate it with good friends.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

It is usually just hubby and myself ad I work the day before so cooking not an option. A couple of years in a row we went to Taverna Red and it was awesome the first year and very goond the next just not awesome. We belong to St. Marks Parish in Summerfield on 42 and they offer to parishioners a free thanksgiving dinner! Mens Guild and Ladies guild cooks turkey and when you get your tickets your assigned a type of side dish or dessert to bring it's byob or soft drinks. Wonderful company and very good. Can't beat the company or the "price".
Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

For several years, I've enjoyed Thanksgiving aboard a cruise ship. My late brother and his family often wondered why I wasn't at their "traditional" dinner, but understood when I explained how I never had to do anything except enjoy when aboard a ship!

Indeed, my friend and travel companion will be aboard the Ruby Princess in the Mediterranean this year; we are looking forward to how an American holiday will be treated in a European context!

In 2014, we've decided to stay in TV over Thanksgiving, perhaps helping out my niece who usually hosts the family celebration(s)!

SWR
Old 11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Sage

Travelling to North Carolina to spend the holiday with our son, his girlfriend, and our daughter. Looking forward to having this holiday with them once again.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Sage

Thinking about going to Disney or Busch Gardens for the day.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Sage

If God is willing, I will be hosting a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at my house with my husband's daughters and their families. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law moved in across the cul-de-sac from us about two months ago and they will be celebrating with us.

I plan on preparing turkey, ham and all the fixings. Mmm mmmm I usually have my Christmas decorations up at Thanksgiving. It started when his girls came for Thanksgiving and couldn't get time off to come see us again at Christmas. So, we did Christmas at Thanksgiving.
I am truly blessed.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Gold member

Golden Corral?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
For several years, I've enjoyed Thanksgiving aboard a cruise ship. My late brother and his family often wondered why I wasn't at their "traditional" dinner, but understood when I explained how I never had to do anything except enjoy when aboard a ship!

Indeed, my friend and travel companion will be aboard the Ruby Princess in the Mediterranean this year; we are looking forward to how an American holiday will be treated in a European context!

In 2014, we've decided to stay in TV over Thanksgiving, perhaps helping out my niece who usually hosts the family celebration(s)!

SWR
Have fun! Sounds wonderful!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 PM

I will be cooking for my crew of 14 in Melbourne! I'll be home in the Villages by 6:00 PM with just my hubby and my leftovers, if there is any!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage
Default Dinner for two

Just hubby and I, by choice. We have a simple turkey breast with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and some sort of veggie. Neither of us like cranberry sauce or those sweet potatoes with marshmallows on them, so not much to fuss with. We like to eat our dinner in front of the TV, probably with our first Christmas movie on.....Elf. We stay in our sweats and enjoy each other's company. We will call the family up north to wish them a wonderful day and let them know we miss them. We will get the little grand baby on FaceTime and chat with my daughter and son in law while we watch her run around the house and play. It will all be good until Christmas when they will be here!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default We close down the Pub

My brother owns an Irish Pub. He closes it early and myself and 5 sibs and spouses, our twenty three children and their thirteen children spread the bar with a great turkey dinner. My two sister in laws cook turkeys and we fill in all the rest. My specialty is Corn pudding Souffle and chocolate cream pie. My son is bringing a new cranberry relish this year. The ones who travel supply the rolls and butter.
It is so much fun, There are five TVs for the football games. The kids play video games, pin ball games and darts. Right outside the front door is a paper rack so there is no lack of the Black Friday sale ads.
After the dishes are done we play cards at all the individual booths. Definitely worth the drive to Cincinnati.

If anyone knows of someone who will be alone we bring them in and feed them.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Going to a good friend's home in Amela
She is an awesome cook and does it w love!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

We will celebrate Thanksgiving together with the close family-clan only (there are just 12 people!). It is my job to prepare the traditional turkey (which I like to do). It will be a surprise what all others preparing for the dinner.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM

We will be enjoying our first Thanksgiving in TV. Three out of my four children will come from Georgia to spend the holiday with us....hopefully the 4th will make it as well, if his school schedule permits. Feeling so very blessed.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
My brother owns an Irish Pub. He closes it early and myself and 5 sibs and spouses, our twenty three children and their thirteen children spread the bar with a great turkey dinner. My two sister in laws cook turkeys and we fill in all the rest. My specialty is Corn pudding Souffle and chocolate cream pie. My son is bringing a new cranberry relish this year. The ones who travel supply the rolls and butter.
It is so much fun, There are five TVs for the football games. The kids play video games, pin ball games and darts. Right outside the front door is a paper rack so there is no lack of the Black Friday sale ads.
After the dishes are done we play cards at all the individual booths. Definitely worth the drive to Cincinnati.

If anyone knows of someone who will be alone we bring them in and feed them.

Sallybow, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!! What a kick!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.