What is your story ?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Default What is your story ?

I will be moving to TV ...I am curious as to who you are....Where did you come from and what did you do for ALL THOSE YEARS! I am from Indiana and I am a driver for UPS(still working)...My wife is retired from RCA...

Thank You:
Thistrucksforyou
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
nkrifats

Currently live in Rhode Island. 18 months till the villages. Work in Data services presently. Retired from Navy after 24 years.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistrucksforyou View Post
I will be moving to TV ...I am curious as to who you are....Where did you come from and what did you do for ALL THOSE YEARS! I am from Indiana and I am a driver for UPS(still working)...My wife is retired from RCA...
I've been hanging around the forum for a while, and I have found that this question is seldom asked... and answered even less. It's as if you can simply throw your "resume" away. What you did (or do) outside TV is not important. The retirement life in TV is all that really matters.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

ok thistrucksforyou lets see......
I am also from Indiana (lake county) 6 1/2 yrs in air force, apx. 18 years as a journeyman millwright/foreman/genl. foreman/supt., 7 years as a security-policeman, 2 years as a service rep. for a gourmet coffee co., 6 1/2 years as a service rep. (home oxygen/resp. services) and retired from the Millwrights.

Last edited by otherbruddaDarrell; 10-09-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

We are an Army Family, so have lived around, but presently coming from outside Birmingham, Alabama. I will be retiring from the Army with 30+ years of service, and my wife is a civilian working for the Army who will be retiring with 30+ years also.

Army Guy
Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Sage
Default Good To See A Brother

I'm deliciously close to retiring from local 1121(Boston). Good to see a brother at TV. Do you know if there are any other millwrights there? Mrs Mulligan and I will be there Dec12 to Dec 19 for our second visit, and hope to be full time in a year.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Hi mulligan
I have even met people that came to the VFW fish frys we had up north when I was the Post Commander!
There are people here from the trades,management,politicians,executives, you name it!
At the VFW I belong to at Silver Spring Shores there is a 3 star General that just got back from Iraq that is very friendly. (TV resident)
The neat thing is that it makes no differance what you did before moving here or where you live in TV as long as you treat people the way you would like to be treated.
All walks of life are represented here. Lots of retired police,firemen,factory workers and white collar.
Nice people/NO SNOW/459 holes of golf/32 recreation centers/7 regional rec centers/52 swimming pools/9 country clubs/89 pickleball courts/70 miles of golf cart paths/1500 activities.....well you get the picture.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage

You are so right Darrell. Live by the Golden Rule and you will have no problems in The Villages. However an occasional grump can be found. But its rare! It truly does not make a difference what you have done before moving to TV, that is the beauty of living here.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Yes there are a few grumps.........when you work at the gates you find out real quick.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

thistruck:

Virtually 30 years Army Reserve duty, overlapping with many years in two different advertising agencies and a travel agency. Married more than 40 years, but lost my wife 10 years ago.

Retired from the travel agency business in '02 - it wasn't any fun at all after 09/11! - and came to TV in early '04. Never regretted a moment!

The folks who work for "Brown" and deliver to my house are always special people. I hope that we'll see you here in TV permanently very, very soon!

SWR
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 PM

Thistrucksforyou,

I'm from Albany, NY. I hope to retire in a few weeks from my job as an accountant. Then I have to sell my house, pack up all my stuff and move to TV.

Niels
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM

We are from Michigan. My wife is a retired teacher and I retired from Chryslers a couple of years ago. We bought a home in TV last April and we are loving every minute of this new life.....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.