What's the chance of special home discounts coming?

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Veteran member
Default What's the chance of special home discounts coming?

I've read that a few years ago there were some pretty significant discounts on new homes as a result of declining sales. Price reductions and furniture were offered as incentives around 2014 if I remember correctly. Per my other threads, I'm looking in Phillips Villas in Woodbury and in Fenney. In Woodbury there are about 90 courtyard villas still for sale and there is and will be quite a number in Fenney too. Anyone think there may be some additional discounts in the future? With my luck I'll buy one next week and the price reductions will be coming shortly thereafter.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:18 PM

Today's paper had a new villa in The Village of Woodbury discounted $6,000
It was the Durham model 2/2
Old 05-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

"Discounted" from What??

Are they really discounted???

Prices keep going up...........so if you are able to find an exact comparison of "old pricing" and "new pricing" and the new price is up 5%, but there is a 2% discount on it......is it really a discount???

Old 05-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

A week ago most of the new homes and villas had a 3% discount. The sales representatives don't even know what discounts there might be tomorrow as they could increase or decrease. It's like attempting to figure where the stock market is going to be next week.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

I had read in Inside the Bubble that large cash discounts, whole house furniture packages or golf carts were offered to spur sales in 2014 as a result of slow sales.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
I had read in Inside the Bubble that large cash discounts, whole house furniture packages or golf carts were offered to spur sales in 2014 as a result of slow sales.
I don't think there are slow sales at this time. There were at the time of the Developer's report at the Sharon last month, a total of 1100 units available . May and June are two of the strongest sales months here in The Villages.

I don't sell Real Estate and never have. I enjoy watching it sell here.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
I've read that a few years ago there were some pretty significant discounts on new homes as a result of declining sales. Price reductions and furniture were offered as incentives around 2014 if I remember correctly. Per my other threads, I'm looking in Phillips Villas in Woodbury and in Fenney. In Woodbury there are about 90 courtyard villas still for sale and there is and will be quite a number in Fenney too. Anyone think there may be some additional discounts in the future? With my luck I'll buy one next week and the price reductions will be coming shortly thereafter.
We pm'd the other day but I thought I would join in and not let you do all the work here on this topic. I too am looking in both Fenney and Phillips Villas in Woodbury. I have counted the CYV's up there in Woodbury too and, as you said, there are still a little over 90 (out of 130) CYV's not sold yet. I really like the area a lot and have my eye on 2 of them that I like most. Because I plan to use it as a snowbird place I really do not need to close on it till January but would be willing to buy now.
John W had a very informative post about a second discount and recounted how he purchased his. Search discounts and his will pop up midway down the page.

I am coming down next week too and would hate to buy and then see a second discount. I guess we can't time these things perfectly and realize I would be taking a chance by not buying now but with at least 2 I like I am really thinking of holding out for a second discount.
Any more experiences like John W. ?
Old 05-30-2017, 06:28 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

The Developer has been known to offer a larger discount when just a few homes are left in order to close out a Village. However, that is not the case for the two Villages where Courtyards are currently located. Right now there are a lot of choices and you have the "pick of the litter" but later perhaps not so much. The resales are more negotiable and I would take look at that market before I made a decision.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

As was pointed out, there are some discounts at Phillips Villas. I guess getting your pick of the litter isn't a bad deal either. I'm just hoping that the new Hyacinth cabana courtyard Villas are selling next week in Fenney. My realtor expects them to be. If not, I may be postponing the trip.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The view lots in our village sold in seven hours when they went on the market.

Tags
discounts, reductions, price, villas, woodbury

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.