stack front load washer and dryer?

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Veteran member
Default stack front load washer and dryer?

Has anyone ever stacked a front load washer and dryer in their house? I am thinking about doing that in my laundry room to have more counter space on the side. I just wondered if anyone had encountered any problems with this arrangement.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Veteran member

I don't have a stacked washer/dryer. But, one thing I would question ... where is the dryer's lint vent located? I've only seen them on the top of the machine. It would be difficult to clean the lint vent. That is, unless you can find a dryer with the lint vent located in the front of the machine.

Last edited by bestmickey; 08-27-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Different thought
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default There are problems

I worked at large mansion where the owner stacked 4 sets of washer dryer combos.The housekeepers didn't like it because the dryer was to high or they were to short. The machine seemed to vibrate more, serviceing was a pain because now your pulling both machines out from the wall to get to them, if there's tile on the floor it gets scratched, vinyl gets torn your probably looking at close to 400 lbs. If you decide to do this make sure you invest in the new burst proof braided hoses with the automatic shut off built in, ( home depot sells them) in the event of a line break because chances are you won't be able to easily reach the water shut off. Just my opinion, having had to install and service these machine I wouldn't do it.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Default Asko Washer and Dryer...

I have had my front loading Asko washer and dryer stacked for almost 9 years and I love it. I have never had a problem and I am only 5'2". However, my Asko W/D is not as large as some W/D combos that I see in the stores today.
Mrs. tghoul
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Gold member

We stacked them at one house - Kenmore brand and height was okay. Machines worked fine and saved space. Next house we tried it with GE models and they were taller, ended up unstacking them.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Stacking

I was refering to the full size washer and dryer. My daughter has the smaller machines and doesn't care for doing smaller loads, she has small children.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM

I have had LG stacking washer and dryers for about 5 years now...and I have no problems. I stacked them, so I could have folding table room. The dryer controls are at the top of the dryer, I would imagine that for short people it may be a hassle. The washer tub is a tiny bit smaller than regular tubs. On a couple ocassions there was some vibration when the dryer was on....I decided that it was due to me putting in uneven loads (gym shoes, heavy towels). As much as I like them, I think that I would not go stackables again IF I didn't have a space issue.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.