Potholes

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Potholes

As snowbirds, leaving in June to head back north and now here to enjoy the weather and TV. But looks like we never left behind the potholes! Went back north and potholes left over from winter weather, get here and potholes everywhere, like we never left. What's going on? Why are they not repaired? We are assessed a yearly maintenance fee for repairs, etc should be no excuse for the poor roads we are experiencing.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:27 AM
Veteran member

The pot holes have been there for many months now, and the two main thoroughfares, Morse and Buena Vista are in disgraceful condition.
Since our streets are public, it is up to the county to do the repairs.
I guess the developer doesn't care that much because it doesn't put anything in his pocket, but you would think because we are the hands that feed him, he would put pressure on the county to take care of this.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
The pot holes have been there for many months now, and the two main thoroughfares, Morse and Buena Vista are in disgraceful condition.
I guess the developer doesn't care that much because it doesn't put anything in his pocket, but you would think because we are the hands that feed him, he would put pressure on the county to take care of this.
there you are. I did a thread on "A Sensible Move" and some poster who was misguided thought I was talking about CDD supervisors when I was talking about the boys on [T]HE Board of Supervisors that work with the county and local towns. but before clarification for the entire group could be made a moderator closed the thread

As we grow what happens to Buena Vista and Morse, the MMP's, that's the type of conversation I was looking for but it all got turned inward.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here is the telephone number and email if anyone wants to tell them what they think;

Road & Bridge | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-16-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:06 AM

Yes, I noticed them too! Thought I left them behind in NJ. Would be nice it they were repaired. There are also some on the cart paths south of 466a.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

IMHO, it some cases it appears the repair was not done properly, and the patch failed soon after it was completed. The original 'potholes' appear to be a failure of the final coat of blacktop to properly adhere to the base coat. In almost every case there is a nice flat surface at the base of the pothole, which is the base pavement. I have never been involved in road construction, but with so many of these final coat of blacktop failures, I am GUESSING that we are going see a lot more of these as this may be an indication the top blacktop was not applied correctly.
Fortunately these are rarely deep, and generally do not cause any damage to tires or cars, but yes these are annoying and unsightly, and do not reflect well on The Villages.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:

Better.

Here is the telephone number and email if anyone wants to tell them what they think;

Old 12-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

The rumor mill has it that cultist snowbirds have been bringing down potholes with them and are extorting Villagers not to deploy them. Obviously, there are multiple holes in this theory. We should sink this story now, and stop those religious extremists who think they are holy-er than thou.

Last edited by SFSkol; 12-15-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Holy moley Batman!
Old 12-16-2017, 06:03 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is not the responsibility of the developer and our maintenance fee does not go toward the roads, our taxes do.
And your point is? Posters keep turning back to TVLSI (Developer) which is puzzling when I am talking about our elected representatives.
it appears this Developer obsession will ever end
Old 12-16-2017, 08:10 AM

And there I was heading south on Morse yesterday thinking how nice it was of the county to put some potholes in to remind us of the holidays back up north.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
The pot holes have been there for many months now, and the two main thoroughfares, Morse and Buena Vista are in disgraceful condition. Since our streets are public, it is up to the county to do the repairs.
The ridiculous thing is that it is considerably cheaper to repair a pot hole as soon as it appears rather than wait for months, after which time it will be larger and its loose edges will have been spread down the road to help create more pot holes.

Just another example of officialdom kicking the can down the road.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Sage

Old 12-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
And your point is? Posters keep turning back to TVLSI (Developer) which is puzzling when I am talking about our elected representatives.
it appears this Developer obsession will ever end
Amen
Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
As snowbirds, leaving in June to head back north and now here to enjoy the weather and TV. But looks like we never left behind the potholes! Went back north and potholes left over from winter weather, get here and potholes everywhere, like we never left. What's going on? Why are they not repaired? We are assessed a yearly maintenance fee for repairs, etc should be no excuse for the poor roads we are experiencing.
Are you serious? Where do you see potholes? I assume there might be a few somewhere but can't remember seeing them here in TV. Your characterization of "potholes everywhere" is absurd.

In fact, one of the things that I notice when I I return from a visit up north is how nice the streets are, specifically, the lack of potholes.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Are you serious? Where do you see potholes? I assume there might be a few somewhere but can't remember seeing them here in TV. Your characterization of "potholes everywhere" is absurd.

In fact, one of the things that I notice when I I return from a visit up north is how nice the streets are, specifically, the lack of potholes.

I agree, the streets and cart paths up here in Nancy Lopez area are fine. Maybe Marion County uses better materials.
Closed Thread

Tags
potholes, left, weather, back, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.