"The day the music died."
Old 03-10-2024, 05:36 AM
Veteran member

Nothing has changed.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:12 AM

Frankly I can’t get enough of the eye candy 😍😍😍
Old 03-10-2024, 06:19 AM
Default People that get there late

I think these are people that get there late and either there are no chairs or they don’t want to sit in the back so they stay in front of the stage. If you get there early and get in one of the front rows, they very much block your view of the band And the ability for a lot of people to dance. These are probably younger people who I believe when they went to a concert or show they stand in the front and do mosh pits.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:19 AM

There are dance bands and there are concert bands. As more of the music transitioned from less "wedding" type of music to concert music, the number watchers increased.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
I like to dance up close to the stage in front of the band- because seeing the musicians play is part of the dancing experience. A couple of nights ago, when Penta was playing, this area was blocked by people tightly packed, just standing there. These were all younger people- no one over 40. We noticed this same thing up North, but up there it was kids in their 20s. So I just muscled my way past all the standers and started dancing and bumping into them. There was plenty of room to dance behind this group of standers, but the standers clogged up the Dance Floor by turning it into a Stand Floor. There were also plenty of seats for the last 2 sets when this was happening. "I Love Humanity- It's The People I Hate"
Looks like you may have stayed in The Villages too long......hate people? The Villages is packed with people everywhere.....so it's acceptable for a long time resident who owns the dance floor to elbow your way in and bump into people? How welcoming....there's lots of space outside the immediate bandstand.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

As an option once a month, for the young at heart of all ages - couples and singles - come to 'Club 'E' - Epic' at Lake Miona Rec Center - 3rd Sat each month 6:30-8:50 PM.
No breaks in the official music videos of current and past pop hits. (No rap music).
Freestyle or partner dancing
No worry about rainouts. Nightclub setting. BYOB

It's an official Villages lifestyle club. Bring TV ID or guest pass.
freeda@lifeboost.com for info or reservations
More info under the Clubs section of TOTV or on the 'Club E Dance Live' Facebook page.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragones View Post
There are dance bands and there are concert bands. As more of the music transitioned from less "wedding" type of music to concert music, the number watchers increased.
Exactly. Not every band plays ‘danceable’ music. And some are just not very good period. Some bands still play music that people can dance to. I’ve made a partial list. Feel free to add or comment-

Billy Buchanan
Blue Stone Circle ⭕️
Chasing Amy
Cece
Crossfire
Dance express
Indigo
Icon
Never never band
Bobby Blackmon and 3B
Rocky and the rollers
Jonny Wild and the Delights
The Leonard brothers band
Think Big Band
Blonde ambition
Latin ambition
Rick Malvern
Stella Beat
Studio 77 - disco
Sherry and the rockafellars
Clark Burrio’s
Paradigm
Trip 19 -
Mpire -
Bobby Blackman
Crossfire
Paradise
Old 03-10-2024, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
When we arrived here 10 years ago, one of things we enjoyed was dancing at the squares. Admittedly, we no longer spend a lot of time there. Tonight I was viewing the squares on the web cams and nobody was dancing, everyone was standing staring at the bands at Brownwood and Sumter....hard to tell at SS. Wonder why.
What did they tell you when you called the office who controls the squares??
Old 03-10-2024, 08:28 AM
Default Dancing

We go the squares frequently to hear the bands we like. Sometimes we dance, sometimes we don’t, but there are always people dancing. Sometimes the dance area is packed with dancers. There are a lot of people who like to stand in front of the stage and just watch the musicians. Occasionally we do too. Some put on a really great show.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:38 AM

I think clarification of "dancing" is needed. People line dancing to every song isn't dancing....its a handful of moves that are crammed into every song.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Nobody dances anymore because the dance floor is too crowded
Right on, it’s so crowded there so nobody goes there any more…
Old 03-10-2024, 09:57 AM
Default Because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. C. Rider View Post
Yeah, that's one of my gripes with the people at the squares. They just stand around the stage taking up the space on the "dance floor".

If they're not going to dance, why the heck don't they just sit down and leave room on the "floor" for people who do want to dance?

Maybe because there are no seats or chairs left to sit down on, many bring their own.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
When we arrived here 10 years ago, one of things we enjoyed was dancing at the squares. Admittedly, we no longer spend a lot of time there. Tonight I was viewing the squares on the web cams and nobody was dancing, everyone was standing staring at the bands at Brownwood and Sumter....hard to tell at SS. Wonder why.
I was st Sumter Friday nite and was up there dancing. As was a lot of people around me. You just didn't see them. A lot of people just like to enjoy the music.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. C. Rider View Post
Yeah, that's one of my gripes with the people at the squares. They just stand around the stage taking up the space on the "dance floor".

If they're not going to dance, why the heck don't they just sit down and leave room on the "floor" for people who do want to dance?

Totally agree. We love to dance and find it very annoying

Tags
dancing, squares, web, cams, standing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.