When was the first time you ever heard about The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Thumbs up First Heard About The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I first heard about the Villages..................
In the early nineties was planning my retirement. Saw an ad with photo of Chi Chi Rodriguez (Pro Golfer) He was saying "Come play my favorite hole" I believe it was on "The Hacienda Hills Course".

When I retired I bought a Motor Home and Planned to travel around Florida until I found the spot where I wanted to spend my winters. In 1996 I drove it to Ft. Myers, and then to The Villages. I took the LST although I don't think it was called that. Loved the villages from the get go and thought I would buy a home there some day. Stayed at a local RV Park for what I thought would be two weeks. Spent that winter and the next dozen in the RV Park, enjoying many aspects of TV before I finally bought in TV. two years ago.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Default Wow, I don't feel alone now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
This is a hard question. The first time we "visited" was January 1, 2000. We drove up there from WDW for a half day. Unfortunately, the sales office in SS was closed so we just did a self tour. We had known about the Villages at that time since about 1996 and had received a VHS tape or two from them. I am now 57 and we are planning to retire there n 2013. We took a preview tour this past April and stayed at the Waterfront Inn in July. So, by the time we move there we will have been anticipating this move for 17 years.
I found The Villages, and soon after TOTV, about a year and a half ago. While I love where I live in PA, there are three things I hate. January, February, and March. Way too cold!! To keep sane during these months, I look up warm places to retire. I found this site, and have not looked back. Like Pauld did back then, I have 17 years to retire, being only 43, but look forward to the day I can spend my winters in The Villages. I plan to visit in a few years when my kids are out of college.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,662 Times in 1,777 Posts

At present I am 68 years of age. A year or two ago I started to consider moving to a retirement community so I started to research what had been written about lving in them. Of course I encountered the book "Leisureville" which, although the auther had his agenda, revealed much relatively detailed factual information about TV. Frankly, after reading Leisureville I could not wait to visit TV! I made a lifestyle visit to TV late last summer and plan to revisit, hopefully spending more time, later this fall.

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
At present I am 68 years of age. A year or two ago I started to consider moving to a retirement community so I started to research what had been written about lving in them. Of course I encountered the book "Leisureville" which, although the auther had his agenda, revealed much relatively detailed factual information about TV. Frankly, after reading Leisureville I could not wait to visit TV! I made a lifestyle visit to TV late last summer and plan to revisit, hopefully spending more time, later this fall.
So there, Andrew Blechman!

Welcome to you manabouttown.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Veteran member
Default haring about the villages

I was watching a golf tournament and saw the ad. After a few tims I visite the site. Looked a round and checked priding on some resales. Thought to myself this would b ea great place but my wife does not golf. Figured I had no shot. Well last year we thought it might be time to look at a retirement community. I remembered TV and had my wife check it out online. She thought it was great and came for a non lifestyle visit last Feb. We''re both hooked but have to wait a 3 more years
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.