This Isolation is a piece of cake

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage
Default This Isolation is a piece of cake

Anne Frank spent two years in hiding living on scraps & hope for survival--& people here & in other locations are complaining after 30 days , surrounded with creature comforts, heat, A/C, fresh food, booze , Netflix--come on when this is over --be strong , its just a speed bump

Tomorrow is Holocaust memorial day-there are & were lots of people who if given a chance ,would trade places with any American living today
Old 04-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Anne Frank spent two years in hiding living on scraps & hope for survival--& people here & in other locations are complaining after 30 days , surrounded with creature comforts, heat, A/C, fresh food, booze , Netflix--come on when this is over --be strong , its just a speed bump

Tomorrow is Holocaust memorial day-there are & were lots of people who if given a chance ,would trade places with any American living today
Excellent post Chatbrat. Very often this has entered my head too. I have been watching the "liberators" in the Mid-Western States screaming for their freedom and wonder what the Nazi's would have done with them.

I feel deeply for the very low income people who have no money and cannot buy food to feed their children. I wonder if we will have civil uprising and dead in the streets before this is over.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-20-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Excellent post Chatbrat. Very often this has entered my head too. I have been watching the "liberators" in the Mid-Western States screaming for their freedom and wonder what the Nazi's would have done with them.

I feel deeply for the very low income people who have no money and cannot buy food to feed their children. I wonder if we will have civil uprising and dead in the streets before this is over.
Connecticut and other states and communities all over the country have stepped up to help people who are unable to feed their kids. Food banks, food pantries, health organizations, municipal parks departments, are all coming together to provide food, and cook meals for folks who would otherwise not get it.

The bad news, is that this isn't happening everywhere, AND it is especially not happening in places where people don't have easy transportation to the locations where the hand-outs are being given.

The good news, is that the concept of giving to others is spreading almost as quickly as the virus itself.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:

Yes, it's pretty easy for retired people with sufficient funds.

Not a cakewalk or speedbump for 22 million unemployed struggling to keep their family fed.

Empathy... you might want to look it up
Old 04-20-2020, 07:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

Not a cakewalk or speedbump for 22 million unemployed struggling to keep their family fed.

Your reply to " chatbrat " is ridiculous their is in place unemployment insurance plus the Government has stepped in to help.

As for the retired individuals who you think have sufficient funds to wait this out is nothing short of ignorance on your part.

I am certain many retirees here in the Villages go month to month on their income.

Chatbrat made a intelligent thoughtful post.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:

So, you think it’s going to end in 30 days LOL
Old 04-20-2020, 07:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Your reply to " chatbrat " is ridiculous their is in place unemployment insurance plus the Government has stepped in to help.

As for the retired individuals who you think have sufficient funds to wait this out is nothing short of ignorance on your part.

I am certain many retirees here in the Villages go month to month on their income.

There, not their. Looking at food bank lines several miles long tells me a lot of people are hurting for food.

I didn't say all retirees in TV have sufficient funds, I said lockdown is easy if you are retired with sufficient funds. Read much?

20200409_new_a27_007-jpg

ap_20093766261328-jpg

These Photos Show the Staggering Food Bank Lines Across America – Mother Jones
Old 04-20-2020, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

Like you’re opinion
Old 04-20-2020, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,249 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

Agree 100%. We tend to look at this through the lens of a Villager. We are, by and large, quite fortunate.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-20-2020, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Chatbrat's intention was nothing but good. Everybody is picking on every word in many posts. I even saw a post about spelling. Cut out the nit pickin and lets get through this together peacefully. Stop preaching. The Man Had a Great Point. Listen & Learn. This is Talk Of The Villages. I think his statement was meant for his contemporaries on this Forum not young families. That is a entirely different subject.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:18 AM

If the idea of Chatbrat's post was that others have had it much worse, doesn't that apply to virtually anything and everything that anyone could ever complain about?

In other words, the next time someone (including Chatbrat) complains on the forum about any local issue, couldn't the response be something along the lines of "Why are you complaining? Other people in the world have ( fill in the atrocity here )!"

I understand the point being made, but it does come across to me as an attempt to nullify anyone's concerns about how things are being handled in this current era.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:

If it were not for the fact that the government seems to be so happy keeping us under their control, I would say its a beautiful thing. Any protestors that come out to ask for "liberation" are met with armed police. Don't you think that's a little heavy handed? Remember, in WWII Germany, things didn't happen all at once. It was incremental socialization...."if we can get the people to accept this, then maybe we can do that". I visited the Frank house a couple years ago, and it was very touching.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:52 AM
Default Really???

When I even think about complaining about the inconvenience...and that's what it is for most of us, my father's service as a Marine on Iwo Jima comes to mind along with my parents' sacrifices during The Depression. When this is over, we as a nation need to address the low minimum wages of those who serve us and individuals need to try and stop living paycheck to paycheck.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Must be me

It must be me but I think the days are flying by! I am not bored as I found things to do to keep my mind occupied, (e.g. do Ancestry studies, watch some good Netflix/Amazon movies, put a mask on and take a ride in the cart around Lake Sumter, sit out in the sun and get some Vit D.) Darn, the day is already gone. Come on, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your days. Oh Yea.. Reading the "Talk of the Villages" is another activity along with the Drudge Report and its many options. Notice I did not include drinking to numb feelings, sitting idle and complaining about the state of the world, hating the conditions, and blaming everyone but myself for the lousy attitude. Get positive and enjoy the life you have!!
Old 04-21-2020, 07:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It must be me but I think the days are flying by! I am not bored as I found things to do to keep my mind occupied, (e.g. do Ancestry studies, watch some good Netflix/Amazon movies, put a mask on and take a ride in the cart around Lake Sumter, sit out in the sun and get some Vit D.) Darn, the day is already gone. Come on, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your days. Oh Yea.. Reading the "Talk of the Villages" is another activity along with the Drudge Report and its many options. Notice I did not include drinking to numb feelings, sitting idle and complaining about the state of the world, hating the conditions, and blaming everyone but myself for the lousy attitude. Get positive and enjoy the life you have!!
Totally agree! I've especially enjoyed doing cardio classes from youtube. My stamina is getting great! My motto is "it could always be worse". Positivity is the best gift you can give yourself and others in my book.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, living, tomorrow, bump, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.