When to sell

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2020, 05:53 AM

List it whenever you want. The pandemic is not going to change anything but the way it is listed. 3 homes sold in my neighborhood during the pandemic without an open house
Old 05-23-2020, 06:00 AM
Default On line purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The sooner you list the sooner you will sell.
The same people who wanted to move to TV before the virus are still the same after the virus.
Open houses and more showings will start the next couple of weeks.

Most real estate companies or developers would love to have as their regular business what TV sells during this "slow" period.......

The biggest challenge will be the number of folks that will not fly due to the virus.
Aside from that the buyers are and will be coming.
We bought ours online, didn’t Even see it until an hour before closing
Old 05-23-2020, 06:13 AM

Now is the time to sell. People want to be here by fall.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:39 AM

Houses are selling, just like normal. My husband is a realtor and is very busy.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:44 AM

I periodically go into the sales offices to look at the board showing the next 2 day's closings. There does not seem to be a season - sales average about 40 closings every 2-days. However, given Florida's experience with Covid-19 versus some Northern states, NY, NJ, IL, etc. I would count on many of those citizens making the move here. I have a hunch that the next few months may be a seller's market.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:16 AM

We have sold several houses By Owner with options to Real Estate People of 3% commission if they bring the buyer. You can even list it on the MLS for a small fee, about $100 and then it goes to every Agency in the areas you want it. Example, You have the house in The Villages and you want it advertised in NY, NJ or any other state. As well as all the areas in FL . Any time is good to sell in The Villages. More people are looking for resales now because of the large Bonds down the Southern end and the closeness of shopping.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieq View Post
We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!
Please do not look to Zillow for your homes value. They are not accurate.
Plus, sell your home on your own. It will sell without a realtor in the villages
Old 05-23-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If you research, interview and ask the right questions, you’ll be well represented by whichever realtor you choose.

We did just that and chose The Properties of The Villages. Their rep had five showings within two hours after we signed the listing agreement. The people viewing our house scheduled appointments without even knowing the price. He had lists of people based on where in TV they were looking and which models. He e-mailed a few pictures, the map, but no price because we hadn’t set it yet!

Our house sold to the first people who visited, cash, for our full asking price. (No it wasn’t underpriced. We set the asking price only slightly below the highest comps, more than we expected.)

Please don’t ask for the Realtor’s name. He practices with TPOTV with his wife and sold 140 houses last year, only one of which was new construction. You should do your own research. You’ll be more confident of your choice of a Realtor if you research them yourself.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 05-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieq View Post
We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!
My daughter & husband are arriving next weekend to begin their search for a villa, preferably courtyard, under $225,000.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:59 AM

Doesn’t hurt to list asap if you want to sell. Village realtor or other doesn’t seam to matter. A friend of ours just sold, took a whopping 4 days.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't see any reason to wait. The sooner you list it, the sooner it will sell.
June as most sales I do not think is factual. I am a Realtor and Jan-March are the busiest Sales months, although a sale in March/April may be recorded later as it closes. Right now there are 100+ more homes for sale on the MLS than in a normal year at this time, so
definitely a Buyers market. As to when to list it is not the ideal time, but if priced right homes are still selling.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 AM

List now with a MLS realtor .. touch the entire country, Call 352-598-3405 Chuck if you need a realtor .. New England and New York will continue to have huge move outs along with Michigan .. people are looking..
Old 05-23-2020, 08:55 AM

You said you are close to LSL. This is a prime location. If your home is in good shape and nicely decorated with neutral colors, then I would list it. I would not use a Villages realtor. The Villages realtors push TV new homes, not resells.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 AM

Doesn’t matter who you list with just make sure you stage it and it is fresh and clean.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
We bought ours online, didn’t Even see it until an hour before closing
We bought our online and didn’t see it until the day after close.
It was really strange but the houses in April, May, June of last year (2019) weren’t staying in the market for 5 days and being 2800 miles away it was the best solution for us.
Do I have regrets? Sure. I trusted people and let’s face it, they aren’t me. (Moral and ethics playing here) But in the end it’s all good after several $$$$$$$.
It won’t matter whom you list with they all use the RMLS. I found mine thru Zillow.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, sell, yard, court, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.