When to sell

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM

Don’t ever list with the villages. Use a real, licensed realtor.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtcoggin@bellsouth.net View Post
You said you are close to LSL. This is a prime location. If your home is in good shape and nicely decorated with neutral colors, then I would list it. I would not use a Villages realtor. The Villages realtors push TV new homes, not resells.
That was my experience as a buyer with a Villages agent as well as a seller I know well. They just were not showing the house she listed with them. When her listing with The Villages expired she listed it with a MLS Realtor and the house quickly sold. My original Villages agent evaded showing me anything but new spec homes even though I repeatedly requested he show me resales.

Also, Villages agents are NOT Realtors although they are licensed agents as I understand it.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-23-2020, 10:01 AM
Default Potential home for sale

I’m looking for a house walking distance to LSL. What is the best way to contact you?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:30 AM
Default location location location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieq View Post
We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!
You have such a great location don't think you will have any problem selling your place. I have been watching listings for a friend for the last couple of months and on The Properties of The Villages I have not been noticing any price drops. On Zillow listings I have been noticing that some have dropped prices slightly after listing and then shortly after that the homes have gone pending or off market. When we bought our house in The Villages we bought online. The pictures on the site were good and we were familiar with the neighborhood. I have heard of several people who did this. I say go for it now.

Last edited by Shelly; 05-23-2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-23-2020, 12:46 PM

My general feeling on outside vs. Villages real estate agent: is there something very special about your home that makes it more sought after (pool, on golf course, 4 bedroom, etc). If yes, Villages realtor. If not, outside. Reason being that they push new construction so an average home gets overlooked. If yours has something special then they always have clients that are looking for something different.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:25 PM

You are correct...talked with my realtor and sales for him are only down about one third...still selling in TV!
Old 05-23-2020, 02:18 PM

For now, try listing on this site and also nextdoor .com
I have 3 property's , 2 I bought new and this last one was a resale. I was working with both a TV realtor and an MLS realtor for the last one. My TV realtor that I bought all 3 homes from is Gail Evans 352 874-1504 . She is fabulous. She also sold my tenants mothers house . . Give her a call and tell her Barbara from NY recommended her. She has told me she has been selling throughout this pandemic!
Old 05-23-2020, 02:30 PM

I used to get a lot of statistics on home sales too. If anyone knows a web site, or a similar one, can you post it?

Last edited by larcha; 05-23-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Should have included the post I was referring to.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudson View Post
I’m looking for a house walking distance to LSL. What is the best way to contact you?
We may be coming down later next week to take pictures and may talk to a few realtors to get a feel of the market. We'll turn phone back on. Not sure how to private message you to give phone number.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:12 PM
Default I am Interested

Looking currently for a 2BR at the right price. Ready to buy.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:29 AM
Default Large 2/2 For Sale

Hi. We have a large 2/2 1,680 sq.ft. home in the Spanish Springs area being sold TURNKEY. Please PM me for details.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieq View Post
We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!
My advice is sell now. Why? By this fall, the financial fallout still coming our way could easily destroy the market completely. Hertz just declared bankruptcy as did JC Penny's. MANY more to come. Interest rates are low now also. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush! Good luck and be blessed. Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, sell, yard, court, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.