When is it time to give up and move closer to children

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftynanna View Post
I feel for you in having to make a decision to move back home. You didn't mention how long you have been here, if you have enjoyed your life together being able to be active an make friends, you can think of that as living your dream and being able to enjoy how ever long it's been. Maybe if you try to look at it as another phase that you both enjoyed but now it's time to start a new one. You are very fortunate to have loving children who want to spend time with you and relieve you of some of the things that have become difficult. It's not defeat because nothing lasts forever but you did have enjoyment and will always have memories of your life here. Maybe you will find that being closer to children will free you up some to reunite with old friends or start new things as you did here when you first came. All changes are scary but sometimes we project the what ifs and they never happen.

If you're set on not wanting to go back home, did you consider assisted living where you will have help, as much or as little and can continue to have an active lifestyle. Sorry this is so long, but we're having the opposite decision, to move away from kids. We have decided to move sell our house home, and not worry about having to make any future decisions.
Good luck to you and I hope you feel you can make the right decision which is best for everyone concerned.
Thank you so much for your response. The response that I just posted a few minutes ago explains that the decision had been made already - twice now - and we are at peace with our decision.

We moved to TV 6 years ago and had one good healthy year before my husband's symptoms developed. We started in a Villa, then built a Premier house, then bought a Designer. We have had many many visitors, have made wonderful friends in TV and found a wonderful church. We are a "Brady Bunch" blended family of 22 years marriage - 3 mine and 3 his - all teenagers when we got married. We have traveled half way round the world in both directions many times by plane, ship and car and we have shared a lot of love.

Indeed, this move from TV is another chapter and I have already found that being closer to family has allowed me to return to being the person that I used to be which makes my family happier. It is just another verse in the song of life.

This was a good decision for me, my husband and our entire family.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Default A Diagnosis

Without reading back over everything, I am not sure if I ever mentioned how very hard it was to not have a diagnosis. That is correct, we had no diagnosis, or I should say we had many diagnoses, none of which panned out. We knew it was a neurological disease but what was it. Test after test, doctor after doctor, maybe this, maybe that, but nothing fit.

There are no support groups for "no diagnosis". Where do you go for help.

On arriving in SC, the medical team at the facility caring for my husband referred him to yet another neurologist. This doctor told us of a brand new test that might help. The test was "markedly abnormal" so this coupled with other medical criteria lead to the diagnosis of Corticobasal Degeneration, one of the Atypical Parkinsonian Syndromes. At least now we know what we are facing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.