Where is Fema or The Villages Yard Waste Disposal

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
If your bags were out for 5 weeks.... they were out before the storm and went thru a hurricane.
Last Pickup Wed 9/6
1/ No pickup Wed 9/13 (Waste from 9/6 thru 9/12)
2/ No pickup Wed 9/20
3/ No Pickup Wed 9/27
4/ No pickup Wed 10/4
5/ Pickup Wed 10/11
Old 10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

FEMA contractor picked up in Amelia Monday evening.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Picked up today on Hopespring Loop, Village of St. James, District 8.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Fema has much bigger Fish to fry. We where lucky
Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

My question is what were The Villages lawn pickup people doing during this period. Were they working, getting paid, or laid off? Hopefully not the latter.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
My question is what were The Villages lawn pickup people doing during this period. Were they working, getting paid, or laid off? Hopefully not the latter.

Take a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
All well in district 4. Yard waste pickup on schedule. Guessing it may depend on who the contractor are for particular district? Maybe yours are on paid vacation in Sarasota??????
Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Another report. Under where the debris rested in the common area I can see from my window, the grass was a little lighter green, when the debris was first picked up, but has already become just about the same color in five days. That Zoyzia is hardy.

We are all gonna be okay.
Yes, Gracie. I noticed the same thing with the grass. Glad to see it spring back into shape in most places.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Well maybe, has coffeebean's debris been picked up??
Yes, my debris has been picked up a couple of days ago. I didn't see the crew who cleaned up my neighborhood, but my sister who lives in Caroline said it was our regular TV crews that picked up their yard debris on her cul-de-sac. Mallory is next to Caroline so it is just possible that it was our regular TV crew that picked up Mallory. I don't know for sure though.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
She has not posted in two days.... do you think the sky fell where she lives? Hope she is o.k.
Oh my goodness. I'm laughing so hard right now, reading this. I took a break for a couple of days from this forum and I see you noticed. I'm fine, all is good and the sky is right where it always has been.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Hadley in progress.......
Old 10-14-2017, 10:20 AM

Seems like we already have paid for this service for normal lawn pick up, Now that it has been suspended by The Villages do we get a refund or are we all being just screwed? I am not sure but if fema is picking up the bill for this "emergency" and The Villages is still collecting for regular yard waist on our monthly bill we should get a refund right?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron32162 View Post
Seems like we already have paid for this service for normal lawn pick up, Now that it has been suspended by The Villages do we get a refund or are we all being just screwed? I am not sure but if fema is picking up the bill for this "emergency" and The Villages is still collecting for regular yard waist on our monthly bill we should get a refund right?
I don't need a refund. We are really careful with our money too.

It has been a month and three days since we had the hurricane and most neighborhoods suffered some debris from fallen branches and some from huge trees. Almost all of that EXTRA stuff and our usual trimming has been picked up. ALMOST ALL.

What is was for many of us were a pile of branches and debris and bags of debris. The debris didn't harm us, the debris didn't breed anything, there were no rats in mine, but some gecko's. EVERYONE had debris in their neighborhood, so it wasn't a cause for shame, it was just something that happened to all of us that required patience.

I think all's well that end's well.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Sage

I realize it does not help, but consider in Puerto Rico, over 90% still in darkness and American citizens forced to drink contaminated water. For 3 weeks now

Hurricane Maria: Three weeks after landfall, Puerto Rico is still dark, dry, frustrated - The Washington Post

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron32162 View Post
Never mind that you paid for FEMA also, well I make the assumption you may have...

I think the whole thing could have been handled better, but it is not my role to make those decisions and in the end I will not worry too much about it either way...

Tags
bags, waste, lawn, weeks, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.