Where to mount TV in Lantana lanai?

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Default Where to mount TV in Lantana lanai?

We have a Lantana with a lanai that is open on 3 sides. We were thinking that we should mount our tv on the outside wall section between the 2 sets of sliders. Has anyone mounted their tv anywhere else in their Lantana lanai that is open with screens?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:02 PM

We have ours mounted between the bedroom windows. Our lanai runs the length of the back of the house.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:35 PM

You have a better set-up than ours. Our lanai is not extended past the living room.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Call Tom Home Audio Video Sales & Installation in The Villages, Florida
Old 10-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Depending on how your house is orientated, you would want to mount the TV so that you do not have sun rise or sun set on the screen, if possible. Also, consider the possibility of rain blowing in on the TV, not good. My point is that environmental considerations will play a much bigger consideration than where other s were able to mount theirs.
Initially, we have a stretched gardenia, and the initial installation was where the builder provided a cable connection. This had to change when we moved the hot tub. We then had the sliders enclosed where they store in the wall. This gave us a very nice location to place the TV. We had this specifically reinforced for supporting the TV. Send me a PM if you want additional info or pictures.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:59 PM
Thumbs down No Place !!!!

Be considerate of your neighbors and keep the TV inside. They might not enjoy your choice of program selections.

I see neighbors doing this
Old 10-18-2018, 10:51 PM

I agree with Tommy T. Keep it inside.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 10-19-2018, 04:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyDom View Post
We have a Lantana with a lanai that is open on 3 sides. We were thinking that we should mount our tv on the outside wall section between the 2 sets of sliders. Has anyone mounted their tv anywhere else in their Lantana lanai that is open with screens?
Although I don't have a Lantana, we have ours mounted on our Gardenia lanai, and the tv is just shy of 4' feet away from the screen. I have only covered the tv one time since I installed it in 2014. Despite numerous storms, wind and rain, I've never had a problem. You can search this forum and find where people have asked about TV's rated for outdoor use. In my opinion, they are a waste of money. I watch our TV outside every single day, and thoroughly enjoy it. As far as disturbing neighbors, our closest neighbor is 40-50 yards away. When watching from the pool, we use a small Bluetooth speaker so the volume isn't an issue for neighbors. Depending on your setup, you could do the same.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:56 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

ours isn't open so I mounted in the far corner. ran electric and cable through the ceiling and came down from the ceiling in that corner so very little wire exposed.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Be considerate of your neighbors and keep the TV inside. They might not enjoy your choice of program selections.

As long as you keep it down; we have a neighbor that thinks the whole neighborhood wants to hear his. I wouldn't care so much, except sometimes I can still hear it after 11 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:23 AM
Sage

We got a Bluetooth speaker that we place near our seats so we can watch TV without the sound reaching our neighbors. Villagetinker’s advice about considering the sun angle is important. Our TV is mounted between the sliders in our lanai (also a Lantana) and the sun created enough of a problem we had to get screens to block the glare.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
As long as you keep it down; we have a neighbor that thinks the whole neighborhood wants to hear his. I wouldn't care so much, except sometimes I can still hear it after 11 PM.
We have the same issue too. We have a neighbor that keeps the TV blaring. I hear it when I walk by his house, and I'm at least 30 yards away from the house. If a person were to wear headphones when listening to the TV, it wouldn't be an issue though.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:

I very much agree with you, Tommy. There is a special place in heaven for people who are considerate of their neighbors.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Agreed.....especially because of the hearing impaired!
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, lantana, open, mount, screens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.