Where is the political forum? (deserves it's own thread!!)

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Default njbch

Are you addressing the thread? Can't let it go...is it worth it.??? Do you love to argue?
I have cancer and I know what is important. I am very happy and I know how to keep myself happy by avoiding people who want to fight. Wonder if you would be nice-face to face.?
I'm going now to count the number of posts you have so far. I'll give you you're count just before midnight.

You can attack all you want, I'm too slow a typer to respond.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Sage

I agree RichieLion. I think the Admin was hoodwinked by a select group who had an agenda and it appears their agenda has been fulfilled. I'd be interested in knowing how many of the people who posted so vehemently in opposition to the Political Forum - saying they didn't participate because it got too mean and vulgar and disrespectful - I wonder how many of these posters went into Political under different names. Names people in Poltical would recognize. I just wonder. I have no proof. Just an instinct and a gut feeling that something doesn't feel right about all of this.

It is shameful that people can't discuss issues that are affecting each and everyone of us and our lives in a civil manner. I always loved political. I stopped participating for a while because of the childishness name calling and disruptive comments. I started again to defend my friends like Bucco and a few others who were being pushed out by unfair and disrespectful comments. It is sad to me that these posters are allowed to control something that was really special and precious to those of us who enjoyed talking about issues that impact each of our lives.

It is sad to me to see people who the original owners ban from this site here again and causing trouble again. I respect the Admin's private ownership of this site and obviously will follow whatever rules they impose. I'm sure it isn't a decision the owner is taking lightly.

I just wanted to get in my 2 cents before the thread is closed.

B.K. Cunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The Admin said on this forum or to me personally in a PM, I don't recall which, that if he closed the Political Forum down he would regain approximately 7 hours of his life back each week.

I think in some ways he asked for this problem, as he tried to do too much and please too many people; and maybe the wrong people. It's hard to monitor feelings. This problem is all about feelings.

I won't repeat how I thought complaints could have been handled in the "opt in" at your own risk forum that it was. I posted all that previously on this thread.

The Political Forum is not going to return, I believe. The only reason a website like this would backtrack is if it garnered significantly less hits because of it, which would translate eventually into lost advertising dollars.

I don't believe that will be the case. Those who drove the Admin crazy got what they wished for....................a political vacuum. I guess they can always talk to their cats.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesports View Post
Are you addressing the thread? Can't let it go...is it worth it.??? Do you love to argue?
I have cancer and I know what is important. I am very happy and I know how to keep myself happy by avoiding people who want to fight. Wonder if you would be nice-face to face.?
I'm going now to count the number of posts you have so far. I'll give you you're count just before midnight.

You can attack all you want, I'm too slow a typer to respond.
sending you a pm as i believe your post and any i might make would be deemed by the mod as 'directed at user' and deleted.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Platinum member

The way I have seen this situation handled on other boards is to get other volunteer mods to handle forums.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Default njnbc

Ha Ha Won't fall for the PM trick again.
njbc told me I was WRONG just like he has publicly about 5-6 time or more. He needed to pm me that?? He isn't interested in the count of his posts. I just figured out he pm'd so it wouldn't count as one more post!

Said he likes to debate and he would be polite in a face to face. Ok, Glad to know.

Life is funny.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default roger - over and out

taken from the rules concerning totv:

"Content:
Talk of the Villages website is created to be an online community for The Villages Florida residents and those seeking information on The Villages Florida community and lifestyle. All views and opinions expressed are those of the author of the post/thread and not the owners of TalkoftheVillages.com and we will not be held responsible for the content of any message on the forum.

Political Forums:
The community of Talk of the Villages contains a Political Forum that is ‘Opt In’ by registered members only. This topic can invoke passionate debate and opinions. As in all areas of the forum comments should be directed at the topic and never the user. At any time the Administration or Moderators can edit, move, remove, delete, or ban any post, thread, or user at our discretion."

Talk of The Villages - TOTV Guidelines and Rules

Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 PM

My buddy...about 25 posts. Peace
Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Platinum member

If this is what the political forum was like, I'm sure glad I never looked at it. This is ridiculous.

To the moderator.....this is about the forum..not about any individual.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Too funny, chucking. lol But, just to be clear. By "lawn," you really mean "lawn." Right?
Yep - the green stuff that costs an arm and a leg in TV.

(don't know of any color restrictions for parking cars in driveways).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 PM

Oops at my house it is after midnight and I am going to bed. Where is the closed sign? Are we in different time zones.

Peace all.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Administrator

As previously posted this thread is now closed. We appreciate all the feedback provided and please know that every post has been read. The owners, Admin, and moderators will continue to process and discuss all the feedback provided in this thread.

We will continue to monitor and enforce the site guidelines as in the past. Please do not direct comments toward other users or your post will be removed and if necessary further actions taken. Any political references will also be removed and multiple offenses addressed with the user(s).

We welcome any continue feedback, comments, or suggestions via Private Message or email.

Thank you for your continued support.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.