Where to Sell??

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2017, 03:52 PM

There is a place in Ocala but I'm sorry I can't remember the name. Look for consignment stores in Ocala.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,940 Times in 795 Posts

I sold my dining room set on here in a nano second, for what I considered to be a good price--about a fourth of what we paid for it a decade ago. If it no longer works for your current situation, consider the fact that you've gotten good use out of it, and do something else. As our teenage son once said to me, "Acknowledge and move on!" (Although I think that had something to do with his grades or a dent in the car...)
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM

I had a one year-old entertainment center that I bought in Babette's for $2,200. A year later we were moving and I had no use for it. I took pictures and placed an ad in Talk of the Villages for $750. I accepted an offer for $650. I don't think the ad ran for more than a week.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

I realize I am not being helpful on the topic of where to sell furniture in TV, but for the sake of curiosity or if you want to get a feel for what things can end up being worth.........

There is an online auction company called "Everything But the House." The company started a few years ago in Cincinnati, but they are now doing online auctions in cities across the country. I think they do some in Tampa.

They auction furniture and art and jewelry and china and cars and decorative items and vintage clothing and antiques and all kinds of other stuff. Some of the items are from the homes of the hoity-toity.

Anyway, if you are curious about such things, the website for "Everything But the House" is ebth.com but I must warn you if you start to look around the site, your time might get away from you.

PS: I would link the site for you but I keep forgetting to learn how to link when I am on the iPad and not the laptop.

Last edited by Boomer; 08-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
the website for "Everything But the House" is ebth.com but I must warn you if you start to look around the site, your time might get away from you.
Darn you Boomer!
Now I'm lusting after the life-size bronze sculpture "Three Live Monkeys" in the Dr. Robert Schuller sale.
Boomer is right - do not go on this website!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Darn you Boomer!
Now I'm lusting after the life-size bronze sculpture "Three Live Monkeys" in the Dr. Robert Schuller sale.
Hey Bare -
Since you have your heart set on those "Three Live Monkeys" I decided not to bid. You're welcome. LOL
Old 08-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Darn you Boomer!
Oh my! Barefoot! Please! Take a deep breath! I just saw that the bidding on that monkey bench has run up to 575 dollars and there are still 7 days left in that auction.

I did warn you......said the woman who is right now looking at a wooden propeller from a vintage airplane.

Last edited by Boomer; 08-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Just so folks know....I had a Lexington (top of the line) Bob Timberlake bedroom set before we moved here. I spoke with a consigning person and he told me I'd probably make 10 to 20% of the price we paid for it. He said you can't get what you think the items are worth from used furniture. We ended up not selling it but kept it in the family instead. I'm often amazed on TOTV what folks will ask for items.

BUT in answer to your question there's a consignment store in Ocala that's "fine" and is located next to a health food store. It's on Silver Spring, I think. Can't remember the name.
Carriage Trade?
Closed Thread

Tags
set, sell, excellent, condition, lifestyles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.