Where are you from?

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage
Default Re: Where are you from?

I've lived many places, but currently from Green Lane, Pa and TV.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Sage

Chuckinca,

Do you know anything about the Illinois club in TV, thanks for the great link to all the clubs!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Sage

Nonie:

We don't stay more than a couple weeks each trip to TV (one more year until I retire) so haven't looked into any of the clubs yet.

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi! Grew up in State College, PA (Penn State U.); lived two years in Midland Michigan; then school in Pittsburgh; Lived in Fort Washington, Willow Grove, and Maple Glen, PA. Twenty three years in West Palm Beach, FL before moving to The Villages in 2004. Love it here and plan to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margi
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 AM

-Born in Erie pa. (Kearsarge) Moved to Lawrencepark Pa. in 1961, Moved to White Deer Pa. in 1969, moved to Milton Pa. in 70, moved to Potts Grove Pa. in 71, Moved to The Villages in 05 Jim& Pat
Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman
My wife and I are from New Jersey. I lived in the Medford / Mt. Holly area and my wife in the Glassboro / Mantua area. We now live in Pittsgrove, N.J. but not for long. As soon as my home sells we will take up residence in TV.
Hope to see you all real, real soon. :bigthumbsup:
Hey Zman we are from Mt. Laurel with family living in Medford off Hartford Rd. Just bought on 9/11 in TV, going down for winters. Good luck with sale.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:00 PM

My wife and I are from Allentown, Pa. Looking forward to moving to TV next fall. Have visited TV twice and made up our minds that the lifestyle, community,and climate is what we're looking to retire to. We are like most retirees who question whether we are doing the right thing by uprooting ourselves and our fond memories where we spent most of our lives. However, all we have to do is think about the 15-20 inches of snow, increased crime in the cities, increased taxes, and traffic congestion and we realize that we have made the right decision.

This is my first "Post" and I really enjoy the Forum as I have learned quite a bit to make the transition to TV a pleasant one. I have read a lot of topics ranging from the pros and cons of electric vs gas carts, property taxes, renting vs buying, restaurants, to monthly income needed for TV lifestyle. The discussions have been helpful in sorting out a lot of the question I had. I look forwad to participating in the forums in the near future.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdain
I was raised in Jamestown NY and my husband in Lyndonville NY but we now live in Lima, NY , a little south of Rochester. We are snowbirds but plan to be spending more time in The Villaes as time goes by. Last year we drove out of 83 degree weather and into a snowstorm in Rochester. Our big question was, "We came home, why?"
We moved from Rochester in fall of 2006. Never again wanted to shovel snow or feel that wind chill! And we love the "WARM" weather down here.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:06 PM

We lived in Rochester (Pittsford) in early 80's. Don't miss the snow at all. I grew up in Missouri, stationed in Bad Hersfeld Germany 1960-63, back to Missouri, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Rochester, back to Missouri. My wife was born in Brooklyn, Levittown, Santa Barbara CA, Sacramento CA, St. Louis, then with me.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM

We're from Missouri but really enjoy TV. However. the Lake of the Ozarks, MO calls from April to Nov so a permanent move to TV probably won;t happen for us. We rent and enjoy every minute we are in TV. We like being able to go back and forth between FL and MO following the sun.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Sage

Rover:

Did you know the former Police Chief of St Charles - John Zumwalt?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:26 PM

NHSnowbird - when did you live in East Windsor and where abouts. I lived there from 1970 to 1984 and then moved to Hamilton Sq. Hopefully to TV in 2008.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM

Moved to TV in 2005 from OAK PARK, IL. Famous for Frank Lloyd Wright, Paul Harvey, Ernest Hemingway, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Dan Castelaneda (voice of Homer Simpson), Ray Krok (founder of Mcdonalds), many others.
Living here in TV is a fantasy. Love using the rec centers, going to the squares, Katie Belles, Gringos.
Anybody else from Chicago area go to Gringos to watch football?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM

2 here from Baltimore, Maryland Hon!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Ancient and homeless, currently behind local walmarts in a refrigerator box with wireless internet ;D
Soon to relocate behind the new walmarts on 466, the food they throw away form the Golden Corral is a perk
Villages here I come
Handie :joke:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.