Where's Cal's???

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2012, 01:22 AM
KittyKat
Smile Cal's on Del Mar Drive is a salon & barbershop.

Just had my hair shampoo'd, cut, colored & styled for $75. The beauty salon is in the front of the shop & the men's salon is in the back. I used Susan who was my stylist at JC Penney's in Leesburg; I quit going d/t the drive. So glad she came to Cal's. She is great--give her a call at 391-5842 for appt.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Who did it?
Lucille cut and colored my hair. I was watching the other beauticians also and I thought they were all terrific! Very impressed with this place.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Sage
Default Not such a good experience with Lucille

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Lucille cut and colored my hair. I was watching the other beauticians also and I thought they were all terrific! Very impressed with this place.
Oh gosh! I went to Lucille at Cal's yesterday intending to get a shampoo, cut, color, highlights and style. My appointment was for 3:00. I sat patiently waiting and 3:15 rolled around and she was still doing someone else's hair. 3:30 rolled around and she was still doing someone else's hair. Finally at 3:37 she came to get me. I was not happy. Not once did she come over to let me know she was running behind and give me the option of rescheduling or go shop around the square and come back. A few times other stylists would ask who I was waiting for. When she finally did come for me I told her I had to be out by 5 (my husband was running errands and would be back at 5 to pick me up). As it turns out they close at 5. I've had this service provided before and it usually takes about 2 hours so that's what I planned for. She talked me out of the color and quickly put in 5 foils and then brushed on the rest of the highlights. (I usually use a cap for highlights) I think for a quick highlight she did this. She would say "go over here" (meaning to the dryer) or "sit there" (meaning the sink). She was never polite when directing me. She seemed agitated the whole time she was doing my hair. When the color came out, it was on the orange side. She again mixed more color and brushed it quickly on my hair and sat me under the dryer again for a few minutes. Not much better. I have globs of color in my hair, not a nice color throughout. I got home and really didn't like it. It's not at all what I wanted. I'm not sure weather to call her and have her re do it or if she would be too mean to do it right for me. Maybe I should just let it grow out and go to another stylist?? I'm disappointed.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Oh gosh! I went to Lucille at Cal's yesterday intending to get a shampoo, cut, color, highlights and style. My appointment was for 3:00. I sat patiently waiting and 3:15 rolled around and she was still doing someone else's hair. 3:30 rolled around and she was still doing someone else's hair. Finally at 3:37 she came to get me. I was not happy. Not once did she come over to let me know she was running behind and give me the option of rescheduling or go shop around the square and come back. A few times other stylists would ask who I was waiting for. When she finally did come for me I told her I had to be out by 5 (my husband was running errands and would be back at 5 to pick me up). As it turns out they close at 5. I've had this service provided before and it usually takes about 2 hours so that's what I planned for. She talked me out of the color and quickly put in 5 foils and then brushed on the rest of the highlights. (I usually use a cap for highlights) I think for a quick highlight she did this. She would say "go over here" (meaning to the dryer) or "sit there" (meaning the sink). She was never polite when directing me. She seemed agitated the whole time she was doing my hair. When the color came out, it was on the orange side. She again mixed more color and brushed it quickly on my hair and sat me under the dryer again for a few minutes. Not much better. I have globs of color in my hair, not a nice color throughout. I got home and really didn't like it. It's not at all what I wanted. I'm not sure weather to call her and have her re do it or if she would be too mean to do it right for me. Maybe I should just let it grow out and go to another stylist?? I'm disappointed.
Maybe she is a morning person?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Next time, have him ask for an afro.

Bill
A mohawk could also be an interesting look.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Next time, have him ask for an afro.

Bill
How about one of these:

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Could anyone please tell me about where Cal's barber shop is in Spanish Springs? With all of the shopping there I'm not quite sure what part to go to. Thanks.
Cal's is just a few doors down from TooJay's in Spanish Springs. They do the ladies in one portion of the salon and the men in another. I can't speak for the barbers but the ladies salon is a no frills salon though they do have a woman who does permanent make up. I had color, cut and style with Mary for $60 and was quit pleased.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.