And while I'm at it.

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Sage
Default Re: And while I'm at it.

Not for me and I don't think it is a good addition to the local attractions.

A dog track or trotters without the card room would get my vote (if I had one)
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Sage

I vote yes. I enjoy the track and cards very much.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Sage

I vote yes! I'm with Samhass. I love the track and poker. And as I asked on the other post, where do you people live? There is already gambling in TV. Many high stakes poker at house clubs and some at the rec centers. Cards and Mahjong for money everywhere. It's really no secret. As for the extra traffic, you all complain when the snowbirds get here too! Heck yes, bring em on. Many of the snowbirds are my best friends. I don't want The Villages to become an old people's home, no matter what my age is. I also think they should open up a couple of really late night clubs for drinks and dancing. The streets roll up at 10! I'm not that old yet and hopefully I'll always stay young at heart. You'll soon see a difference in attitude as the real Baby Boomers start arriving in the next two to three years. My hubby retired early. I want lots of new things to do, lots of new people to meet. My favorite line from one of the Marx Brothers movies "I want to sing, I want to dance, I want hot-cha-cha!" Ante up! ;D
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Perhaps we could convince the petitioners to do a combo horse/NASCAR track. Now THAT would be some noise!

According to the info in the "Oxford Park" thread it says "approx. 2 miles north of 466 and west of 301." I fail to see how that would cause huge traffic or noise problems in TV.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 AM

The new proposed track and card rooms will be located 1.7 miles north of 466 and right on 301 next to browns produce,thats the trouble 301 is already getting busy. Please vote no
Old 05-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

301 is being widened and more funds have just been allocated for even more work on 301. Either way, traffic on it will increase as it becomes more of a major thoroughfare.

I won't vote on this issue for the simple reason I don't know enough of the pros and cons. If I can find out enough to let me feel comfortable voting, I will. For now, it is truly an I don't know for me.

I've lived near race tracks. The traffic really wasn't that much worse on race days (but we are talking the SF Bay Area where traffic congestion is the norm). You adjust; just like you do when a ball game starts or ends at commute time. The noise level honestly wasn't that bad and, for awhile, I lived in a high-rise apartment right next to Golden Gate Fields, so I do know. You could occasionally hear the announcer but the wind had to be just right. As to the bad elements, yes, it will bring some. So will and does the expansion of TV. More people, activities, etc. bring crime. It's the nature of the beast.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage

Jan, I can understand why this would be of concern to you. And to anyone else who lives in a Village north of 466 on the western side of TV. Residents living on the western perimeter of TV are already subject to noise from the train tracks. It seems unfair to now locate a busy horse park in that same area.

Those of you who would vote for a horse park .. would you really want one within hearing distance of your back yard? I don't think so.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Sage

Chuck, did you say dog track????

Are ya ready to get blasted??? I thought you learned your lesson with Veal?? >

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Another NO, NO, NO
Old 05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage

I'm with Chuck - a good braised veal shank - yum - nothing better!

Bring on the bashers.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Sage

Russ,

lucky for you, I am a peace loving soul.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Russ, darlink, we would never think of bashing you. Hitting you over the head with your plate, yes, but never bash you.

How can you even think of eating an innocent calf that has been raised in a crate, never allowed to turn around, lie down, do anything but be force fed so that some human can eat its flesh? Don't get me wrong, I am a big time beef eater, but I do try to eat free range beef. However, just picturing a calf that never has a chance to do anything but suffer and die makes it impossible to eat veal.

I really, truly hope you are kidding. In the meantime, I hope Linda is reading this thread and decides to "bash" you for us.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Sage

I cant begin to tell you how many times people have ordered veal when they are out to dinner with us, and I am absolutely sure they are doing it to upset me. So I have learned to keep my mouth shut and suck it up but a very strange thing happens almost every time they order it.I hear comments about how dry and tasteless it is all the time.

Im thinkin this must be justice prevailing, it happens way too often to be anything else.
Next time yur thinking of ordering veal off the menu, try giving a little thought to that baby calf who never had a chance to run and play and graze which is so natural to them, just so you could eat Veal, which will probably be dry and tastless anyway.

OK, Im done. Now Im ready for the bashing >

Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Gold member

Nonie :
You underestimate yourself. You are projecting your "distaste" into the universe and causing the veal to be dry and unsatisfactory. I am a believer , it can happen.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Sage

Beady,

Of course, you are so right! I believe it, not intentionally of course, I would never do anything like that! evil6

So how did a racetrack lead to veal????

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.