Whirlpool Appliances

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Default Whirlpool Appliances

I recommend that anyone considering purchase of whirlpool appliances to run in the other direction. While I have known this company to produce quality products that had a good service life that certainly is not the case anymore. In just the past three years I have had a brand new washing machine and side by side refrigerator have issues. The sensor board on the washer went in two years and the ice maker went in just under three years. Appliances that get limited use in a senior residence should be lasting a lot longer than 3 years. The service repair for the washer wasn't worth the expense so that washer went to the trash pile. The ice maker cost over 300.00 to repair. I bit the bullet and repaired it but certainly won't do any future repairs. Whirlpool customer service is of no help!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspano View Post
I recommend that anyone considering purchase of whirlpool appliances to run in the other direction. While I have known this company to produce quality products that had a good service life that certainly is not the case anymore. In just the past three years I have had a brand new washing machine and side by side refrigerator have issues. The sensor board on the washer went in two years and the ice maker went in just under three years. Appliances that get limited use in a senior residence should be lasting a lot longer than 3 years. The service repair for the washer wasn't worth the expense so that washer went to the trash pile. The ice maker cost over 300.00 to repair. I bit the bullet and repaired it but certainly won't do any future repairs. Whirlpool customer service is of no help!!!

Appliances are getting worse but automobiles are definitely getting better. Not unusual to have 300K on a drivetrain anymore plus no rust to speak of ! Tires use to last 10K, now 70K...
Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Gold member

Agree. In my house for only 2 years and just had my dishwasher replaced with a new one. This time chose a Bosch. Massive difference!! So clean and shiny!!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

A new Whirlpool ice maker kit should be about $125.00. Labor is attaching the water line, plugging in the unit, and hanging the unit on the screws that are already there. $300.00 sounds excessive.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Platinum member
Default Same feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspano View Post
We have a whirlpool/ge stove and fridge. When they break we are switching to Bosch for sure.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

We are rid of our refrigerator and Love our new Samsung. Knock on wood, the rest ok so far!
Closed Thread

Tags
years, whirlpool, appliances, service, washer, side, maker, ice, repair, longer, lot, future, lasting, repairs, residence, senior, customer, repaired, pile, cost, bullet, bit, trash, worth, expense

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.