Who delivers the Wall Street Journal in The Villages?

Old 01-26-2024, 08:28 AM
Default Who delivers the Wall Street Journal in The Villages?

We have experienced intermittent delivery issues with the WSJ recently. I report the missed paper to the website/800 numbers, but they don't disclose who actually delivers the paper and the problem continues. We would like to just find out who does it so we can talk to the delivery person directly, in a friendly way of course! We are in the Glenview Country Club area.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueorange View Post
We have experienced intermittent delivery issues with the WSJ recently. I report the missed paper to the website/800 numbers, but they don't disclose who actually delivers the paper and the problem continues. We would like to just find out who does it so we can talk to the delivery person directly, in a friendly way of course! We are in the Glenview Country Club area.
I was a subscriber of the WSJ printed version for a few years and delivery was sporadic and they were always adding extra days onto my subscription. They did email me to tell me that I was getting no paper that day. Delivery times varied by 12 hours. Too bad the Daily Sun person couldn’t deliver it! They are always dependable.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:24 AM
Default No more home delivery after February 11, 2024

I spoke with the WSJ (and New York Post) delivery person yesterday. She told me there have been issues where she does not get the papers on time. She also said the distributor for our area is the Orlando Sentinel..

I was told she is losing her job because STARTING FEBRUARY 11, the WSJ and New York Post will stop home delivery and the papers WILL BE SENT VIA USPS MAIL DELIVERY. I assume that means it will come with the regular mail delivered to your postal station box. For me, that means a delivery time of 2-3pm, which defeats the purpose of reading these newspapers in the morning.

Finally , the paper delivery person suggested that all complaints about this new mode of delivery be directed to the Orlando Sentinel.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:30 AM

I used to get Barrons in The Villages. It is the same company as WSJ.

The deliveries were so bad that I cancelled that subscription. The customer service for the WSJ and Barrons was simply pathetic! That's what happens when Fox takes over a newspaper!
Old 01-26-2024, 10:37 AM

You can read the WSJ for free at home through the public library. You need your library card number and that’s it. The library’s website is SumterPublic Library.org

I would be happy to provide a picture of the instructions if someone would tell me how to post a picture in a comment.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawlaw View Post
You can read the WSJ for free at home through the public library. You need your library card number and that’s it. The library’s website is SumterPublic Library.org

I would be happy to provide a picture of the instructions if someone would tell me how to post a picture in a comment.
When you reply to this post, there is a paperclip "attachments", click this and then navigate to the photo, I think the final command is open file.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:36 PM

Thanks for all the information. I'll be sad to see it go to USPS delivery, but maybe at least it will show up.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdean View Post
I spoke with the WSJ (and New York Post) delivery person yesterday. She told me there have been issues where she does not get the papers on time. She also said the distributor for our area is the Orlando Sentinel..

I was told she is losing her job because STARTING FEBRUARY 11, the WSJ and New York Post will stop home delivery and the papers WILL BE SENT VIA USPS MAIL DELIVERY. I assume that means it will come with the regular mail delivered to your postal station box. For me, that means a delivery time of 2-3pm, which defeats the purpose of reading these newspapers in the morning.

Finally , the paper delivery person suggested that all complaints about this new mode of delivery be directed to the Orlando Sentinel.
I have the digital version… I prefer the paper version… but then I prefer to read news as it happens that is why it is called NEWs, and not by the time it is old news.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:45 AM
Default I get the on line version for only $2 per month, first year only, then I cancel.

I'm
Quote:
Old 01-27-2024, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Investment Business Daily is a much better paper.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I get the WSJ delivered and am down in Deluna. My paper gets delivered anytime between 0600 and 0730, but it does get delivered. No complaints.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:52 PM

Thanks to VT for the instructions. I was using my phone, which does not show the icons,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WSJ Instructions.pdf (15.06 MB, 179 views)
Old 01-27-2024, 02:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawlaw View Post

My nominee for "Post of the Year". Good information and it reminded me I've been meaning to get a library card number.

Old 01-27-2024, 04:13 PM

QUOTE=trueorange;2294894]We have experienced intermittent delivery issues with the WSJ recently. I report the missed paper to the website/800 numbers, but they don't disclose who actually delivers the paper and the problem continues. We would like to just find out who does it so we can talk to the delivery person directly, in a friendly way of course! We are in the Glenview Country Club area.[/QUOTE]

We live in glenbrook and subscribe. We have not had any delivery issues except the paper getting there a little later than normal the past week. Not really that late 7:30ish.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Delivery of the WSJ is spotty down here - you might consider the Digital subscription

Tags
delivers, delivery, paper, find, directly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.