Who is getting a new roof?

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 07:30 AM

I have flown over my roof inch by inch with my drone and see no damage. I'm waiting for Apex to show up so I can show the footage to them.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out&Proud View Post
I have flown over my roof inch by inch with my drone and see no damage. I'm waiting for Apex to show up so I can show the footage to them.
I really think you need someone to walk the roof and check out things that a drone can't detect like loose shingles. The insurance company has to agree that there is damage before anything can proceed. You really have nothing to loose to have them check it.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Thumbs up Roofers

No, this is NOT a scam. Like you i saw signs and roofs being replaced. I approached the roofer and he inspected my roof. He did say it was damaged. I DID NOT take his word, afterall he is trying to earn money. I called me insurance company and they sent out their roof expert. He also said i needed a new roof. It is not a scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
I have noticed, in my neighborhood alone, at least 10 signs in yards talking about Storm Damage to roofs and I assumed these people were all getting new roofs. Today, riding down my street, I saw ONE sign, with a small addition to the top that said “Approved”.

Is there a company going door to door, promising to get insurance companies to pay for new roofs? I checked out several of the roofs in question, but could see no “Visible” damage. I believe the insurance companies will send a representative out to double check these roofs to make sure they are not being scammed by the roofing company. My roof is 15 years old and I inspected it pretty good and it looks like it is holding up very well after the storms we’ve had in the last ten years. Is this an insurance scam?
Old 07-04-2020, 01:25 PM

I had Apex ring my doorbell, he said he wanted to inspect my roof for damage. I asked him if he had looked at my roof & he said no. I told the next time to look 1st because I have a 50 year metal roof. I told him to shove his scam where the sun doesn't shine
and to get off of my property.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Yes, I’m still smarting about them volunteering someone to come to my door.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Default New roofs

I think that the people getting the new roofs paid for by insurance should receive the insurance increases, not those who have not had the insurance pay for a new roof.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:15 PM

Yes they are charging more and what I hear is they are doing shoddy work and the roof is going to need to be replaced again. It is so unfair that this is happening. Homeowners with wear and tear are getting someone to say it is a covered peril and they get a $15,000 roof for 500 dollar deductible. What can we do?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Default new roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Been paying Homeowners ins premiums here in TV for 15 years to the tune of over $12,000. I got a new roof and I am still not even with the ins company. Getting a new roof is a no brainer.
Just curious: Was your roof damaged by a covered peril or simply wear and tear?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Would you mind expanding on what you shared? Did you get a 8000 roof less those deductibles? Did you have a covered peril or wear and tear?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:39 PM

Could you share more about your experience? A lot of people in my n eighborhood are getting roofs for the cost of the deductible and they were told there was "lifting." To me that is not a covered peril so why are all the ins companies saying yes?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:42 PM

I am afraid that might not be the case. My neighbors on two sides are getting new (almost free) roofs but I had a roofer come and say it was good for five years. He thought the neighbors' roofs looked good as well and one neighbor told me they told her she had lifting but that doesn't seem like a covered peril to m e. Why would the insurance company come to be sure? Somebody has to pay for all these new roofs. The roofers are charging much more than they are worth is what I have been gold. Truth???
Old 07-04-2020, 06:45 PM

That is a good question. I would love to see an answer. My neighbors are getting them done in one day and I don't see a county inspector on the scene at all.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:26 AM

I've paid some form of home insurance since the 60s and have never made a claim, but still every time some part of the country has a catastrophic event the rates go up for everyone.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:27 AM

Two options
By Florida law you can request a mediation of a claim dispute at no cost to you.

Most homeowner policies provide for dispute resolution (including Roofs) through the appraisal process.
You retain and pay your appraiser expert insurers retain and pay their expert.
The two experts agree and name an umpire if no agreement.
You pay half of umpire fee insurers pay the other half.

Third option retain a Florida licensed public adjuster to battle insurers on a contingency fee basis.

Fourth option retain a property loss attorney that will take winnable cases at no cost to an insured.

William S. Cook
Public Adjuster
Closed Thread

Tags
roofs, insurance, company, years, damage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.