Who the heck is Guest???

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Veteran member
Default Who the heck is Guest???

Who is this guy/girl? Answers his own posts multiple times. Has an endless conversation with himself. What's the scoop?
Old 12-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Who is this guy/girl? Answers his own posts multiple times. Has an endless conversation with himself. What's the scoop?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Gold member

I wondered the same thing.....
Old 12-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Really? You're a guest. I'm a guest. He's a guest. She's a guest. We're all guests. If you want to discuss politics, you either remain anonymous or sign your posts. But don't sign as Red. That be me. (I refuse to be anonymous. If I'm going to jump into the fire, then I'll withstand the heat.) But some do enjoy replying to themselves. Guess even stupid attention is better than no attention.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Really? You're a guest. I'm a guest. He's a guest. She's a guest. We're all guests.
I should have guest
Old 12-21-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Really? You're a guest. I'm a guest. He's a guest. She's a guest. We're all guests. If you want to discuss politics, you either remain anonymous or sign your posts. But don't sign as Red. That be me. (I refuse to be anonymous. If I'm going to jump into the fire, then I'll withstand the heat.) But some do enjoy replying to themselves. Guess even stupid attention is better than no attention.
And the name "redwitch" is not anonymous??
Old 12-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I should have guest
Old 12-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
And the name "redwitch" is not anonymous??
Not the same. Everyone does not have the screen name "redwitch", so all her posts can be associated with the same source, unlike "guest".

Also, anyone who has been on TOTV for a while knows exactly who this wonderful lady is.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not the same. Everyone does not have the screen name "redwitch", so all her posts can be associated with the same source, unlike "guest".

Also, anyone who has been on TOTV for a while knows exactly who this wonderful lady is.
Understood...I thought that right after I posted. But still anonymous as opposed to using a real name.....at least in the eyes of those of us who are not "sages"...
Old 12-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Understood...I thought that right after I posted. But still anonymous as opposed to using a real name.....at least in the eyes of those of us who are not "sages"...
It is anonymous vis a vis real names, but on an open internet forum real names can be a bit dicey. There are lot of nut jobs out there, especially in the aftermath of a contentious election and a divided nation. There are a lot of members of this forum that are not Villagers, and a few unstable Villagers as well---you never know what might set off an unstable person.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I've made it no secret of who I am (username) on political talk.

However the OP has highlighted the problematic use ( er misue/abuse) of the ubiquitous term"Guest".

I am beginning to see the need and benefit of Tap-A-Talk since it permits the user to determine the "Guest" actual username.

I do not know how many are involved but the number of direct attacks and nit picking by these abuser(s) on posters only increases and its becoming really annoying

I had a talk with a long time poster concerning the disappointing difference of this forum today from past years.

Indeed there were flashpoints in the past but nothing close to what we experience now. As to the Political forum then and now. then there were few( we knew their usernames) and they eventually were booted off the forum. today they lurk behind the bush called "Guest" waiting and salivating to strike .
Yet i have to agree with Admin decision to continue with the term "Guest"and to prohibit the ability to PM . It is what it is
Old 12-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

So I'm gathering that no one knows who Guest is, or why he answers himself over and over. Also why do none of you post on his threads?
Old 12-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Sage

The Shadow knows--Oh sorry, that's someone's screen name and I'm not implying Guest is THAT person. I think anyone who posts in the political forum should be identified by their screen name, the way they used to be. Yes, the rhetoric was rough but Guest's posts have become rougher.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
So I'm gathering that no one knows who Guest is, or why he answers himself over and over. Also why do none of you post on his threads?
I was thinking your first post was a joke and the subsequent posts...led me to believe the same thing.

Now I'm seriously wondering...if you're really that naïve?

If you're talking about the political forum, everyone's user name in their posts shows as 'Guest'...even yours would (go try it).

And no, it is not the same person talking back and forth with him/herself.

It is a number of different posters, whose posted name simply shows as 'guest'...not their usual user name.

Now if this was a joke thread (and I sure hope it was)...it was at least fun participating.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:44 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I was thinking your first post was a joke and the subsequent posts...led me to believe the same thing.

Now I'm seriously wondering...if you're really that naïve?

If you're talking about the political forum, everyone's user name in their posts shows as 'Guest'...even yours would (go try it).

And no, it is not the same person talking back and forth with him/herself.

It is a number of different posters, whose posted name simply shows as 'guest'...not their usual user name.

Now if this was a joke thread (and I sure hope it was)...it was at least fun participating.
The thread's is not a joke. The number of irresponsible posters is not the issue its the overall nastiness with which 1 + poster rely on as their excuse for an argument (ie name calling, intimidation, intentionally and unnecessarily discrediting a poster) but never responding to the issue at hand. Many posters seek succor from these inane attacks.
Closed Thread

Tags
endless, conversation, scoop, times, posts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.