Who pays for The Villages entertainment at Squares?

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2023, 09:30 AM
Default Be Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
That's ridiculous. Who do you think pays to clean up Times Square after New Year's Eve?

& why do so many Villagers, not have a clue who pays for what and what their Amenity Fee pays for? Didn't you people ask these questions, before buying a home? If you didn't shame on you, if you did ... stop trying to re-write history and the deal you bought into.
Just once, before I depart this world of toil and trouble, I would like to read a posting and the responses without having to endure smart-a## responses that demean one or both of the poster and responder. Responders should keep in mind that not everyone is as brilliant as they are and not everyone has read and remembers every question and response that has been made in the past ten years.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2021 View Post
I don’t think anyone should have to show ID at the squares. However, I believe that the Villagers pay for the entertainment as part of their amenity fee. Sumter County does not pay for it… is this correct? Hmmm...
Wow, 3rd post and already complaining. I think you'll fit right in here....LOL
Old 02-05-2023, 09:50 AM

This again?
Old 02-05-2023, 09:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhenson View Post
Why be rude to an honest question. Not everyone is an owner.
In which case, it's none of their concern if Villagers pay for the entertainment the renters and public get to enjoy at the Town Squares.

Besides, it was just a Troll Post anyways ... the same "post" appeared in a "Letter to the Editor" (https://www.**************.com/2023/...XcK-BabxEQjx9g)
Old 02-05-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I sense you wish only Villagers were allowed into the squares. I personally LOVE seeing younger families attend. It's refreshing and often hilarious to watch them enjoy themselves on the dance floor.
100% agree. Having younger people around the squares helps keep things vibrant.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,521 Times in 713 Posts

In October of 2020 the 1% county tourism tax was abolished by the BOCC, this was the source for approximately 50% of the funds used to provide for the entertainment (bands/singers) nightly in the squares. This was done as a measure to ease pressure on businesses and encourage more economic activity during the COVID fiasco of 2020. The county had approximatelyy $2.5M left over in the fund that held this tax revenue, it was used for much needed upgrades to the county fairgrounds. The cost burden for the nightly entertainment in the squares now falls fully on the merchants in each of the squares. No monies for the amenity fees, PWAC fund, CDD maintenance assessments, or AAC fund pays for the entertainment.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-05-2023, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
In October of 2020 the 1% county tourism tax was abolished by the BOCC, this was the source for approximately 50% of the funds used to provide for the entertainment (bands/singers) nightly in the squares. This was done as a measure to ease pressure on businesses and encourage more economic activity during the COVID fiasco of 2020. The county had approximatelyy $2.5M left over in the fund that held this tax revenue, it was used for much needed upgrades to the county fairgrounds. The cost burden for the nightly entertainment in the squares now falls fully on the merchants in each of the squares. No monies for the amenity fees, PWAC fund, CDD maintenance assessments, or AAC fund pays for the entertainment.
Once again the facts are presented. Thanks Don!
Old 02-05-2023, 10:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
The cost burden for the nightly entertainment in the squares now falls fully on the merchants in each of the squares.
Do you know how this is apportioned? Percentage of lease or percentage of sales or flat rate or something else? Does it apply to businesses directly on the squares or all businesses in the town? For example, in Lake Sumter, Sonny’s BBQ and Winn-Dixie are not on the square but they probably benefit from the crowds. Do they also pay for the entertainment? If you close by 5 PM, do you have to pay?

And does this apply to Sawgrass? There are very few merchants to pay for the entertainment.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Facts, thanks.

So that means, if a non villager eats, drinks or buys something in the square, they are effectively paying for the entertainment.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Do you know how this is apportioned? Percentage of lease or percentage of sales or flat rate or something else? Does it apply to businesses directly on the squares or all businesses in the town? For example, in Lake Sumter, Sonny’s BBQ and Winn-Dixie are not on the square but they probably benefit from the crowds. Do they also pay for the entertainment? If you close by 5 PM, do you have to pay?

And does this apply to Sawgrass? There are very few merchants to pay for the entertainment.
I cannot conclude how knowing will change my life in any way!
Old 02-05-2023, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Wow, 3rd post and already complaining. I think you'll fit right in here....LOL
Where is the complaint in the OP's post?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-05-2023, 02:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The counties pay for part of it, the merchants pay for part of it. Some of it comes from the tourism tax. The squares are open to the public even though the Villages holding company (or one of their many subsidiaries) owns the properties that the physical square and the stores/shops/offices are on.
How much $ does Lake County contribute and what is the source of that $? Same ?s Re Sumter County.

Old 02-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
How much $ does Lake County contribute and what is the source of that $? Same ?s Re Sumter County.
Post #36. RE : Sumter county.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsaneholtz@gmail.com View Post
The Villages receive State funds to help with the costs of the squares. I think that fund is about $2 million.
What funds are those and what part of the State budget do they come from?

Old 02-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Post #36. RE : Sumter county.
Thanx - I understand that. My post was directed to OBB in hopes of identifying her source of misinformation.

Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, squares, pay, sumter, amenity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.