Classified Problem

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2022, 06:32 AM
Default Classified Problem

I am trying to put furniture in the classified section on this site. I get up to photo and when I pick a photo I get file too big. I’ve put things before and never had this problem. I’m taking the pic from my IPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,898 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
I am trying to put furniture in the classified section on this site. I get up to photo and when I pick a photo I get file too big. I’ve put things before and never had this problem. I’m taking the pic from my IPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I’m not very good at this. I’ve had this problem a number of times. I have a recent model iPhone and a recent model IPad, and they take extremely sharp photos that are saved as files much larger than some websites accept. (12 MB, whereas this site may be limited to 3 or 5.) I send the photo to myself as an email, and that process compresses the file so it is smaller. Then the photo is acceptable.

More: I’ve just spent half an hour looking for a better answer for you. The “shortcuts” are surprisingly difficult to set up. I ended up going to the App Store and downloading a free app called Image Size. Open the app, click on the little mountain in a frame that indicates a photo, and select the photo you want to change. Type in the size you want. Below the photo you will see the size. You would think Apple, having provided such an amazing camera, would provide an easier way to do this.

I’ve just tried this app. It will let me send the smaller photo in an email. When I clicked on the Network symbol, one option was Copy Photo. I tried that. It added a copy to my photos. My original, a screenshot, was 5.6 MB. My reduced size was 2.1 MB. Not easy, but doable. But be S app may also ask you to buy other programs. It asked me to buy a $15 app to turn the photo into a PDF file. I didn’t buy it.

Last edited by MandoMan; 06-04-2022 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,329 Posts

I do not have an Iphone, but are there settings in the photo app to reduce the size or resolution of the photos, then take the photos and return to normal. I use a digital camera whicj I can easily change resolution, and then put the memory card in my computer and post from there with no problems.
Old 06-04-2022, 04:30 PM

Thank you! Very helpful advice.
Closed Thread

Tags
classified, problem, photo, put, iphone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.