Whole house air cleaner for allergies

Old 01-20-2024, 11:50 AM
Default Whole house air cleaner for allergies

This may not be the correct thread but I need some information please.

Do you have a whole house air cleaner, if so do you think it works and what size do you have. Thanks .......... I have been advised to get one for relief of my allergies.
Old 01-20-2024, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

There are other threads on this topic. Do a search. Personally, I think it would be a waste of money.
Old 01-20-2024, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Dam, anyone allergic to burning dust wouldn’t want to be in our home right now. I just did our annual running of our HVAC heat for about 15 minutes and the house stinks. Oh well, now I know it still works and can forget about it again until next year. Loving this time of year sleeping with the windows open, haven’t needed to turn on the A/C since we got here in early January: )
Old 01-20-2024, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
This may not be the correct thread but I need some information please.

Do you have a whole house air cleaner, if so do you think it works and what size do you have. Thanks .......... I have been advised to get one for relief of my allergies.
Not sure who advised you to get this equipment (doctor, friend, other?) but if it was not a doctor, I would first get an allergy test so you know what you are dealing with. Florida tends to have allergens 24/7/365, so if you are sensitive to something outside, this equipment my not help at all. Next be very careful as to the type of cleaner you are looking at some have side effects that could make things worse for you. I think electrostatic types have the fewest side effects and filter are easy to clean, a filter type will probably not provide any better cleaning then your MERV 11 or 13 filter on the HVAC. Ozone units can be hazardous.
On a side note, if I were to do this, I would pick the one room that I spend a lot of time in, probably the bedroom and place the unit there with the door closed.
Hope this helps.

Tags
house, air, cleaner, allergies, size

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.