Why did you buy in the village you purchased in?

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM

You likely will be able to rent a home in the villages while you are waiting for your home to be built. Go to:

www.thevillages4rent.com

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Red face

Thank You I will give it a try. I hope to sell quickley now that we are at a rock bottom price and get there as soon as possibe and start living big......
Old 03-07-2011, 01:13 PM

Love reading about all the villages but..... what or where is LSL??
Old 03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novie2 View Post
Love reading about all the villages but..... what or where is LSL??
Lake Sumter Landing - the newer of the two current squares.

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 01:44 PM

We have wanted to build in the villages for five years,and when the time was finally right for us ,we were shown lots in buttonwood. Bought a lot, and built our home, we haven't moved down full time yet,but will be soon. I don't know about the other villages except to say I would be thrilled to live in anyone of them! People here are wonderful,friendly and helpful,sure you mightvmeet a grump once in a while hasn't happened yet.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Lake Sumter Landing - the newer of the two current squares.

Bill
Thank you Bill now the posts make more sense to me...
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

After looking for four days straight, we decided that we like the feel and ambiance of the spanish section of TV, so we focused our search in that area. We ended up buying a For Sale By Owner courtyard villa on a corner and on a preserve. We added a second birdcage and pool. We love it. Buying a resale in a older (13 years old) section means all the landscaping is mature and beautiful. Plus, there was no bond.

We love it here in Palo Alto!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default We bought in LaZamora

Really looking at townhomes (villas around SS square), fortunately for us found our pre-owned home...NO bond, wonderful neighbors, tile roof, courtyard, 3/3 and LOTS of trees....You really can not go wrong ANYWHERE in TV....Have fun and enjoy the search!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM

We liked the Duval area when looking around. hope to be a villager before the next winter!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM

We also liked Hadley and Amelia. Just too many to name.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Sage

We were looking for new and last March that meant mostly Buttonwood. At the time we thought that it was far from all the action, but now realize that it is smack between LSL and Brownwood when it opens. I can go anywhere by golf cart as far north as Spanish Springs in 1/2 hour. I have 2 country clubs within 15 minutes by cart. So the answer to your question was we bought to get new and ended up really liking our location.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Gold member

We loved the house we stayed in for the LSP..I walked in and told our salesperson THIS is what I want. We looked at several preowned homes, many different floorplans, but none of them were right for us. We wound up buying in Buttonwood, an Anna Maria courtyard villa just like the one we were staying in! Only difference is that it is vinyl siding, not concrete. Wish we were a bit closer to shopping, but it will be heaven when the third townsquare is built!! We already met two of our neighbors and they were wonderful! The bond was not so awful and we have a bit bigger yard then this model elsewhere. We are excited and can not wait to get down there!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&Pam View Post
We bought because we loved the "Spec" house and just bought it.

On a side note, we have a GE Proflle side by side refrigerator and even though the manual devotes a whole page to sounds we have never experienced such noises. Is this others experiences and is it just a matter of getting use to?

Thanks,

Jack & Pam
Ours isn't side by side but is GE and during the night sounds like an Evenrude outboard motor.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we bought on the historic side because we like the quietude of the villages there - no one travelling thru to get to someplace else! the most noise around our house is created by landscapers or the late nite folks @ the hot tub!

we bought on the historic side because we enjoy the variety of homes here and the size of the lots on which they are situated. we may be communities of manufactured homes - but those homes have been here thru many a storm and no reason to think they are going anywhere in the next storm or the ones after that.

and we bought here because the house was just what we needed...for our second vacation home!!! yikes! since i have bought all of my real estate on the 3D plan [death, divorce or destitution] we low balled our offer - being convinced that the seller would counter and we would deal from there...well, the seller accepted our offer and we had to find a way to pay for what we had bought! oy vey! it was the same way we would up with our first vacation home - in maine!

as snowbirds this house is just right - it gets us out of the frozen wasteland of new jersey in winter! when at home we get to enjoy the best of the jersey shore all summer long [living just a short 1 mile walk from the ocean and beach]. and then we get to head north to maine where we restore our sould with the splendor of foliage season.

we really are living happily ever after!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

I wanted to be close to shopping, a square, the hospital and restaurants. The first home we bought was not close enough, so we never moved into it-just stayed in our home in South Florida. When that home sold, we bought a home in Hacienda East and then sold our other home in TV. We were very lucky how it all worked out, and we really love being close to everything by golf cart. We are older, and as we get even older, we will be able to use the golf cart for everything, even the vet.

Being close to the hospital is great. My husband was just in the hospital for several days, and visiting by golf cart was an advantage for parking. One day, I went over for four short visits, and could almost park at the door.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.