Why do people walk their dogs at the mailboxes?????

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Location: Village of Hemmingway, permanant....from St. Louis, Missouri
Smile Why do people walk their dogs at the mailboxes?????

I'm confused.....I own a dog, and yes she loves to ride to the mailbox with me. But every time I go, there are at least 2 to 4 or more people walking their dogs all around the grounds.
They are back and forth around the shuffleboard courts and I never see them there to pick up mail. Why must they come there to walk their dogs......anybody?????
Old 10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Gold member

I take my little Yorkie as he loves to read the "pee mails"......... BTW, I ALWAYS pick up if he should make a deposit...........
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnshanks View Post
I'm confused.....I own a dog, and yes she loves to ride to the mailbox with me. But every time I go, there are at least 2 to 4 or more people walking their dogs all around the grounds.
They are back and forth around the shuffleboard courts and I never see them there to pick up mail. Why must they come there to walk their dogs......anybody?????
I think they do it because they want to, and they can.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Sage

Oooh. I foresee a poop thread in the near future.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Oh my, another one!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
They do it because they "can't" do what you and I do, which is keep the dog in the golf cart and have them unload in our own yard or on the pavement/sidewalk where we pick it up.

Maybe you've missed it, but linked below is the most recent discussion of this topic. You'll see lots of excuses for using somebody else's grass, but post #65 on the thread speaks well to the problem and will confirm that you are not a lone "queen of mean"......

dog poop
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Because there's no other grassy area to walk dogs that doesn't involve someone's lawn?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Platinum member

How do you know they didn't do their thing at home before going out to socialize?

YOU ALL NEED TO GET OVER IT.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Why must they come there to walk their dogs......anybody?????
Because there aren't enough dog parks in TV. Only three small dog parks for thousands and thousands of dogs.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Maybe you've missed it, but linked below is the most recent discussion of this topic. You'll see lots of excuses for using somebody else's grass, but post #65 on the thread speaks well to the problem and will confirm that you are not a lone "queen of mean"......

dog poop
Whoa, hold on. I was the author of “post 65” in the other thread and my comments were specifically about private property. I believe that people have the right to take their dogs to any public area in The Villages where dogs are allowed. Please don’t confuse the two issues.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I don't live there quite yet, but close soon. I believe my mailboxes are approximately 1/2 mile from my house. My dogs are used to a 2 or 3 mile walk either 2 or 3 times per day, and almost all my neighbors also have dogs at my home near Chicago. We don't seem to have such animosity here, and when in TV I still intend to take those walks. I would never ever neglect to pick up after my animals however, and discard their waste in a special can at my home. My neighbors dogs will be welcome to visit! But most likely my pups will be with me when I walk to get my mail...

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Because there aren't enough dog parks in TV. Only three small dog parks for thousands and thousands of dogs.
But every dog here has a yard of its own to use.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Platinum member

You know, it's a shame the OP didn't realize this before she moved here, she could have avoided her "confusion".

NEXT....

Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

One of the things that I enjoy the most about The Villages is that there are so many places where dogs are allowed to go. I take my dogs to the squares (when it’s not crowded), for walks in the many public “green” areas (which include areas around my neighborhood pool and postal area) and I’ve even taken them to watch a polo match (we sat in the cart). Dogs need to see more of the world than their own yard. They need it for mental stimulation and socialization. Dog parks are good for fenced-in exercise areas and socialization, but there are too few of them, and not all dogs do well in that environment. To the best of my knowledge, the only outdoor public place where dogs are not allowed is the park by Mission Hills. As long as TV doesn't have a rule against it, then people have a right to take their dogs there.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh s**t.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.