Why doesn't ARC have checks and balances?

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
With the villages being well over 50 square miles and god knows how many homes, I doubt the ARC review committees would have sufficient manpower to do the inspections. IMHO, this is the homeowners responsibility. When we had our birdcage added, I had the property line staked, then I went out with a ruler and marking paint to show the build limits. Good that I did, the contractor was 1 foot OVER the build line. I caught the mistake and told them to move the forms for the concrete. I then checked all the right of way limits and these were all OK.
That's not a logical assumption at all.

Many large towns and small cities with more than 50,000 residential properties have fairly strict zoning laws, and require homeowners to get permits for various projects. Most of those towns/cities only have a couple of inspectors, who manage to get those permits issued, paid for, the properties inspected and signed off on.

There's no reason the Villages can't do the same. They've chosen not to.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
You folks are missing the point. If your neighbor puts in landscaping that is not according with the permit approval or tries to circumvent the process and encroaches in the easement or property line, the adjacent neighbor is forced to contact community standards and Community standards now needs to enforce the infraction.
This puts neighbors in opposition with each other and now you have a bad neighbor situation.
If there was a ARC inspection and it was not done to the Arc approval now the community standards becomes the bad person and not a neighbor dispute.
What don't you folks understand about his logic.
This process is mismanaged and it is a common practice to get a ARC approval by drawing it properly in a Plot map of the property and then the homeowner does what they want and there is NO inspection to verify it was done Correctly. DO i need to explain MORE!!!
There are neighbor disputes all over the villages due to the ARC process,it is complaint Driven.
Please someone step in and explain it better than i can to these Folks
I will try to explain. There are SOME situations AND people who cause trouble no matter what the rules, guidelines, processes and checks are.

Those people could find a way to get into an argument and find a scab to pick no matter what. Thank goodness there are very few of situations like the one the OP describes and not a lot of people who are looking for trouble.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I will try to explain. There are SOME situations AND people who cause trouble no matter what the rules, guidelines, processes and checks are.

Those people could find a way to get into an argument and find a scab to pick no matter what. Thank goodness there are very few of situations like the one the OP describes and not a lot of people who are looking for trouble.
You again are so wrong and these disputes are all over the villages.
People don't follow the rules and do what they want no matter how much they encroach on someones property. Check your facts before you give any input!!! This is a problem all over the villages. If you don't believe it call community standards. Thats why there are trolls all over the villages.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
You again are so wrong and these disputes are all over the villages.
People don't follow the rules and do what they want no matter how much they encroach on someones property. Check your facts before you give any input!!! This is a problem all over the villages. If you don't believe it call community standards. Thats why there are trolls all over the villages.
No, it really isn't a "thing." What you're observing:

There are some folks who intentionally break the rules, because they want what they want, and to hell with the rules. They're special snowflakes, and "mah freedomz."

There are some folks who don't even live in the Villages, but are angry that the Villages has destroyed a fairly large chunk of wilderness and farmland in Central Florida, displaced long-time citizens, and basically "paved Paradise and put up a parking lot." These people know that there are deed restrictions here, and that enforcement of community standards is complaint-based. And so, they will complain. Regularly. On purpose, to put a wrench in the works. If they can't find something to complain about, they'll make something up and complain anyway. It's really the only thing they can "do" about it.

There are also some folks who live in the Villages, who are bored and lonely, whose neighbors don't like them, who are "right-fighters" and have decided that if they have to be miserable about their lot in life, then so does everyone else. And they go around the Villages, to neighborhoods they don't live in, and don't even know anyone in, and find things to complain about. And then they complain. If they can't find something to complain about, they'll make something up and complain anyway.

There are also what I consider to be legitimate complaints - neighbors who see violations that are actually affecting (or threatening to affect) their own property's value, or the overall "feel" of the neighborhood. A color scheme that is incongruent to the specific village, a bit of landscaping that extends too close to the street, a driveway of materials that don't coordinate with anyone else's driveways, missing lamp posts, tattered flags, overgrown weeds, an RV hooked up to the water line of a property and apparently occupied for a week or more, an abandoned car in a guest parking area of a CY Village neighborhood, etc. etc. etc.

I say that *I* consider these to be legitimate complaints, because they're blatantly obvious, not something someone has to look for in order to discover it, and - in the paragraph above I specified it would be complains by actual neighbors. Not people who live 4 miles away and have nothing to gain or lose by the violation existing in the location it's existing - other than to satisfy their need to be right, and their need to have something to complain about.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscaping, arc, neighbors, put, homeowner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.