Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2022, 06:17 PM

See my best friend or I just want to pi## off others
Old 11-28-2022, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy1 View Post
I am not saying they are not allowed, I’m asking, seriously, what is the reasoning for bringing a large dog or any dog to an event that is elbow to elbow with people? Would love to hear the ‘why’ from people who actually do this….bring their dog to an event like Saturday night at Brownwood that thousands of people are at and there is limited space.
Dog owners' choice. Not your business!
Old 11-28-2022, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
I am not saying they are not allowed, I’m asking, seriously, what is the reasoning for bringing a large dog or any dog to an event that is elbow to elbow with people? Would love to hear the ‘why’ from people who actually do this….bring their dog to an event like Saturday night at Brownwood that thousands of people are at and there is limited space.
Maybe it was their first time for the tree lighting event and they didn't know it would be "elbow to elbow", with thousands of people?

-Tom Petty
Old 11-28-2022, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
True….service dogs don’t HAVE to wear a vest identifying them as such but many do. Also you could tell they weren’t service dogs because they would get distracted, bark and their owner was allowing people to pet and talk to their dog. THAT is a pet not a service dog.
he majority of the dogs wearing vests are not service dogs. Service dogs may be petted if the owner agrees. Get over it TV is dog friendly.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
What does ‘ermiied’ mean???
I the early days of The Internet people who jumped on posters for making spelling or grammar errors were called "Trolls"- Congratulations
Old 11-28-2022, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Because they're selfish, and don't care that their dog is probably only behaving itself because it's overwhelmed and unable to do anything else.

They don't care that the loud music coming from multiple speakers from the square's nightly entertainment is likely painful to their VERY SENSITIVE ears. They don't care that the only thing their dog sees when he's being walked through the crowd are legs and feet and it's likely one of the last things it actually wants to be doing. They will insist that their dog loves the attention, loves being out with mommy and daddy, loves the crowd, loves the music.

No - they don't. Your dog doesn't love it. Your dog loves you, and to the detriment of its own health, will obey you willingly and with a wag on his tail. You are damaging your dog's hearing. This is cruel, not love.

I love dogs and I would never EVER subject a dog to large crowds with loud music, unless it was my service dog. And even then I'd probably do it minimally, out of respect to the dog.

I say this about large dogs and small dogs. Pets don't belong in large crowds with live music. Add to this for the small dogs - they endure all of the above, but they also run a greater risk of being stepped on, dragged around, and "hounded" by well-meaning people who don't know any better and insist on "oooooh looka how cuuuuuute!" grabbing and petting.

There's one lady who -literally- drags her dog around - this pooch is probably 15 years old, can barely see, is lame with one REALLY bad leg and three somewhat bad legs. And gets - I kid you not - dragged. She walks faster than the dog can walk, and it can't keep up with her and falls and she just tugs it over the concrete square. That's the worst of them.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because they're selfish, and don't care that their dog is probably only behaving itself because it's overwhelmed and unable to do anything else.

They don't care that the loud music coming from multiple speakers from the square's nightly entertainment is likely painful to their VERY SENSITIVE ears. They don't care that the only thing their dog sees when he's being walked through the crowd are legs and feet and it's likely one of the last things it actually wants to be doing. They will insist that their dog loves the attention, loves being out with mommy and daddy, loves the crowd, loves the music.

No - they don't. Your dog doesn't love it. Your dog loves you, and to the detriment of its own health, will obey you willingly and with a wag on his tail. You are damaging your dog's hearing. This is cruel, not love.

I love dogs and I would never EVER subject a dog to large crowds with loud music, unless it was my service dog. And even then I'd probably do it minimally, out of respect to the dog.

I say this about large dogs and small dogs. Pets don't belong in large crowds with live music. Add to this for the small dogs - they endure all of the above, but they also run a greater risk of being stepped on, dragged around, and "hounded" by well-meaning people who don't know any better and insist on "oooooh looka how cuuuuuute!" grabbing and petting.

There's one lady who -literally- drags her dog around - this pooch is probably 15 years old, can barely see, is lame with one REALLY bad leg and three somewhat bad legs. And gets - I kid you not - dragged. She walks faster than the dog can walk, and it can't keep up with her and falls and she just tugs it over the concrete square. That's the worst of them.
I have had dogs for 6byears and owned a dog business for a number of years. Your opinion and I disagree. I take my small dog and carry him. The loud music does not bother him! I feel badly for the older dog, but it is the owner's choice not yours! MYOB
Old 11-28-2022, 07:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,053 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Were you a dog in a previous life?

How else would you know so much about how dogs feel and what they like? Are all breeds the same? Do all breeds like (& dislike) the same sort of music? Do they all hate 50's & 60's rock? Do some of them like Rap music or Techno?

How do you explain this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSWsGB2emes

Last edited by BrianL99; 11-28-2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

How else would you know so much about how dogs feel and what they like? Are all breeds the same? Do all breeds like (& dislike) the same sort of music? Do they all hate 50's & 60's rock? Do some of them like Rap music or Techno?
Thanks. You are totally correct!
Old 11-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

These are the same people that bring dogs to the stores and restaurants. Maybe people didn’t expect the crowds to be so large. We bring our small dog to the squares when we go for the music but we stay on the other side of the street. We love our dogs but have no problem leaving them in the house when we go someplace they shouldn’t be. I do not like seeing dogs in restaurants or store, generally sitting in a cart.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:47 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have had dogs for 6byears and owned a dog business for a number of years. Your opinion and I disagree. I take my small dog and carry him. The loud music does not bother him! I feel badly for the older dog, but it is the owner's choice not yours! MYOB
How do you know? Have you asked your pooch?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
MYOB.....might want to take that advice

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
How do you know? Have you asked your pooch?
I can tell when he is uncomfortable.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
MYOB.....might want to take that advice
Since you know nothing about dogs MYOB!!!! You add nothing to the thread as usual!
Old 11-28-2022, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

How do you explain this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSWsGB2emes
Dogs’ body language is easy to read if you are an interested observer. Loud sounds do hurt dog’s ears without question.

I just did an experiment with my cat; played Handel’s Messiah to him. When the instruments and singers hit a really high note, the cat lowered its ears. When the instruments played mid-range, the cat’s face relaxed. The cat showed me which pieces he liked to listen to.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, people, dog, event, full

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.