Why I think The Villages is so great.

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage

I was "JUST" thinking of this...this morning and how blessed and privileged to live here. Beyond that...to live in this country but that my Maker providentially brought me to this place at this time in my life. I think about others who live in other over 55 communities but don't have what we do here. Take that beyond that last sentence....if we have MORE than one change of clothing we're considered wealthy by many of the world's population.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:55 AM

Gracie I think you have set a new record. All these replies and no bashing (good job).
Old 10-13-2017, 11:14 AM

We will be there, at our closing, in 10 days! Even though we do not live there yet, I went with "my gut" and bought. I know we made the right decision. Like others, we came out of the house we bought, it was morning, and I looked around. We feel blessed to live here. I have a very stressful job, and to know I can come back to this is something I look forward to. I like only happy stuff being piped in the squares, or being written in the paper. I can turn on the news at anytime and get the real stuff that is happening or in the workplace. Looking forward to "the bubble".
Old 10-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountaineer View Post

Also, another plus for The Villages: GracieGirl.

Amen!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Reaffirmations
Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 AM

When I read all your posts it makes me joyful inside. I have my doubts about moving to the Villages from Long Island. That has been our plan for quite awhile. I soon will be approaching 60 and my husband will be 69. To move to a retirement community had been overwhelming for me. We have been there quite a few times and always enjoyed it, except for the heat. I know how hot it gets. I guess a person can get use to it. The Villages was beautiful and clean at what I did see.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
We will be there, at our closing, in 10 days! Even though we do not live there yet, I went with "my gut" and bought. I know we made the right decision. Like others, we came out of the house we bought, it was morning, and I looked around. We feel blessed to live here. I have a very stressful job, and to know I can come back to this is something I look forward to. I like only happy stuff being piped in the squares, or being written in the paper. I can turn on the news at anytime and get the real stuff that is happening or in the workplace. Looking forward to "the bubble".
Congratulations on your upcoming move! Hope the settling in goes smoothly and that you enjoy many great times in The Villages!
Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I agree with 99% of what you state. I hate to be negative, but the one thing that puzzles me is that The Villages does everything so well except golf.

The golf courses are poorly designed, poorly constructed, poorly maintained and poorly managed.

You would think that a business that advertises "FREE" golf for life and promotes the fact that they have 600 holes of golf would do a better job with their golf courses.

Most people that I've discussed this with and have played golf for a while agree with this. People who started playing golf when they got here usually don't understand how much better everything could be with regards to golf.

Sorry, but that'smy opinion.
From what I have read of your posts, you spend most of your time on executive courses. I golf a lot up north on exceptionality nice courses and find the championship courses to be well maintained and challenging.
I find your broad comdenation to be totally out of line.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Gracie I think you have set a new record. All these replies and no bashing (good job).
I think there is a reluctance by many to complain about their last big financial decision in life. Just sugar coat TV and we will all be happy.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I think there is a reluctance by many to complain about their last big financial decision in life. Just sugar coat TV and we will all be happy.
The sarcasm is unwarranted.

There must be something to the enormous popularity of this place. It is the fastest growing area in the U.S.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:

No one is contracted to stay here. Buying or selling a house is easier then taking your car down to a jiffy lube for an oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 05:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
What needs to be sugar coated?
Old 10-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
No one is contracted to stay here. Buying or selling a house is easier then taking your car down to a jiffy lube for an oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As one ages that trip to a jiffy lube may be more problematic and the consequences of making the wrong move more financially severe. company moves were a welcome and rewarding event. Not so now. The recovery issue from a move can have unintended consequences personally and financially

Careful consideration of the why and how needs serious and unemotional thought
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM

I agree with Gracie Girl completely!. I feel blessed to live here and I thank God for it every day!. I also think you are a wise, kind, funny, and wonderful person who enjoys life.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Free Golf is an unusual situation to say the least. Many here have paid a LOT of money for golf in their lifetimes.

For free take. For buy complain.
You can't possibly believe that the golf is actually free. We pay for it every month with our amenity fee. Additionally, the golf we pay for (Championship Courses) is not that great either. Many residents go outside The Villages to pay less money for better courses.

Sorry, but The Villages just does not do golf well.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
place, proud, love, years, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.