Why No Masks?

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2020, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
The masks do nothing. Zip. We have failed the test.
Where have you been? Have you observed the science behind masking? I can see you are a denier of the science so why don't you watch this short video to educate yourself. The video clearly demonstrates that masks most certainly do help to prevent droplets and aerosols from projecting into the air. It is those droplets and aerosols which contain THOUSANDS of virus particles.

Masks help stop spread of aerosol particles - YouTube

Do your part to slow the spread of this virus. Wear a mask!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Presumably they were ordering food not eating it.
very good stu
Old 08-11-2020, 06:25 AM
Default Plague response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Maybe they’re not wearing them because they know that they are basically useless! Also this is still the United States of America as far as I know, and people have the freedom to do what they feel is best for themselves. I am so tired of the paranoia over a virus that is so benign that you have to go get a test to even know whether you have it or not. The American public has really been played on this one!
This ‘benign’ plague has killed over 160,000 Americans and over 735,000 around the World. The only ones getting ‘played’ are you in the small minority that think the world is wrong and they are right. This conspiracy theory has turned the United States into a pariah in the world where we are seen as an example of how the mighty can fall. Your exercise of your freedom without wisdom or responsibility is the problem.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
So every night I go to Wawa on RT 441 across from the hospital and most nights there are at least two members of the Villages Community Watch, usually one supervisor, on their break.

When you walk into Wawa there's a large sandwich board sign in the lobby asking patrons to wear a mask or facial covering while in the store. Tonight two Community Watch members were in tne store sans masks. Why is this?

Shouldn't The Villages and their entities help to try to control the spread of the virus and require their employees while in public places to wear a mask?

I mean the sheriff's are, the fire department, the EMS personnel are all wearing masks in public. It's not a hard ask and the optic is good.
So? Dont go to the WaWa since they obviously dont mandate mask wearing like Publix etc. And the community watch could mandate mask wearing. Does that mean all of them will? Protect yourself and dont concern yourself with others. If you went to a restaurant and saw all the cooks had dirty hands, would you go back? NO. No difference with mask wearing.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Why does this matter if the 6 foot distance is maintained?
Old 08-11-2020, 07:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
So every night I go to Wawa on RT 441 across from the hospital and most nights there are at least two members of the Villages Community Watch, usually one supervisor, on their break.

When you walk into Wawa there's a large sandwich board sign in the lobby asking patrons to wear a mask or facial covering while in the store. Tonight two Community Watch members were in tne store sans masks. Why is this?

Shouldn't The Villages and their entities help to try to control the spread of the virus and require their employees while in public places to wear a mask?

I mean the sheriff's are, the fire department, the EMS personnel are all wearing masks in public. It's not a hard ask and the optic is good.
Yesterday my girlfriend walked into an ice cream shop to get a cone. (This was in Hobe Sound, three hours south of The Villages.) None of the ice cream servers were wearing masks or gloves. She turned around and walked out.

Both of her parents (age 91 and 85) are in the hospital with Covid-19, and she had flown down to care for them if they survive and get back home. They don’t know how they caught it, but her mom’s memory is going, and we don’t know how well she understands sterile technique. After her husband was taken to the hospital by ambulance, she lied to the neighbors and said he hadn’t been tested for Covid-19 and just had COPD, then hugged them (the man is on chemo-therapy!). She was taken to the hospital by ambulance the next day. Maybe they will be next week.

Masks can help a lot,
Old 08-11-2020, 07:35 AM

It's amusing that for a virus that has not affected 98% of the population, how so many folks seem to believe that every person they see has it.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:40 AM

And I see people driving, by themselves, with a mask on!! Really??? And sometimes couples doing the same !
Old 08-11-2020, 08:40 AM

So, you're the Community Watch watch???
Old 08-11-2020, 09:08 AM
theruizs

Save your breath and effort. You will not convince the mask naysayers on this list. Some argue for the sake of argument, some to just show how clever they can be. The “real” science is easily available to anyone looking for real answers and not just cherry picking to support their argument. If masks had been required early on this would not have gotten as serious as it has, and would only need to be required until we have a vaccine. So that might a year or so, boo hoo. Masks are not difficult or dangerous. The only real reason some do not want to wear them is that they are too selfish and me-first centered to be inconvenienced a little to protect their neighbors and others.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Maybe they’re not wearing them because they know that they are basically useless! Also this is still the United States of America as far as I know, and people have the freedom to do what they feel is best for themselves. I am so tired of the paranoia over a virus that is so benign that you have to go get a test to even know whether you have it or not. The American public has really been played on this one!

The Villages Florida
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian5850 View Post
It's amusing that for a virus that has not affected 98% of the population, how so many folks seem to believe that every person they see has it.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:08 AM

Not everyone is as paranoid or cringing in unwarranted fear as others. I only wear a mask when it is absolutely required as I believe that wearing one can have adverse effects on your immune system as well as in your mouth.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

To mask or NOT to mask, that is the burning question of the day? The masked believe in science. The maskless believe in ??????-- Pretending that everything is normal after 160,000 have died in the US. It is only a matter of time before it reaches TV land. The time probably will be 15 days after school has opened in Fl. The community watch people are employed with taxpayer and TV fees money. They are acting more as community CV "disease spreaders" than watchful, helpful officials. They are modeling bad behavior. Smart cities, well run communities, states and some whole countries are MANDATING masks. The community watch people should be handing out warning tickets to the mask-less wonders, not spreading CV. We need BETTER science-orientated leaders at all levels to beat this Plague. It is really a war with a civilian battlefield. Whose side are they on?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Please wear a t-shirt with your handle on it so I can wave 'hi' when I see you out and about and I'm headed in the other direction. :-)
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, villages, members, community, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.