Why are some crimes not reported in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2021, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

When the newspaper is owned by the Morse family or close friends/relatives, and then of course it's going to be slanted the way they wanted to be, just like in the old days of Chicago and New York when papers would come out for one candidate or other. That's called editorializing, and rich people own newspapers for that very reason. And again if you don't like it, you can certainly start your own paper or blog like these people have done it up here. That's why you see these little blue and red boxes all over towns giving away free community papers. That's an idea call it the police blotter and see how many advertisers you'll get when there's all negative news
Old 10-25-2021, 05:17 AM
Veteran member

Spot crime and news break are two websites you should be interested in as they both talk about crime.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:34 AM
Default Villages News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsmom View Post
Just went to their site, and it is not free.
Yes their news is free. All you have to do is go to their website anytime and you can scroll through and see whatever you want to see. If you want to get it delivered to your email they charge $25 per year for that service. Very cheap cost to have a consistent email available every morning if you desire.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:36 AM
Default News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1916 View Post
The other day (10/21) I witnessed what I thought looked like a stand-off in Charlotte area around Pleasant View Place , I would say there were more than 20 + Police SUV's a few Fire / Rescue vehicles and Officers with Assault rifles ,Bullet proof shields and bullet proof jackets walking toward a home, I was told there was a person with a gun and I left, I saw or heard nothing on the news or in the Villages news??? what else don't we know about? subjective news??
Since this site will not let you put their competitor (Villages News), if you send an email and put news @ their website address, they will investigate it and report it in most cases.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And yet, you moved here?
in the time allotted and market frenzy had no choice.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
The other day (10/21) I witnessed what I thought looked like a stand-off in Charlotte area around Pleasant View Place , I would say there were more than 20 + Police SUV's a few Fire / Rescue vehicles and Officers with Assault rifles ,Bullet proof shields and bullet proof jackets walking toward a home, I was told there was a person with a gun and I left, I saw or heard nothing on the news or in the Villages news??? what else don't we know about? subjective news??
Because it's negative news about The Villages and they don't want any prospective buyers seeing such news. The Daily Sun is always censoring negative articles. One reason we stopped taking it. Just fluff from other AP outlets for the biggest part.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
No choice? Interesting slant on things...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-25-2021, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Silly me always thought a newspaper is supposed to report the news.
Great response, ! Referring to what, just curious.

Last edited by OhioBuckeye; 10-25-2021 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Just don’t know exactly what & who what news!
Old 10-25-2021, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
Then why complain……..
Old 10-25-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
No news is good news! 😊
Old 10-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

There are also incidents involving military veterans and current members of the military that don't get published. It is a policy of courtesy to not report them. For instance - you are not likely to see an article in the newspaper about a veteran who commits suicide, even if that occurs in a parking lot of a busy store.
Closed Thread

Tags
news, proof, walking, jackets, shields

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.