Why TV might have accelerated development

Old 02-12-2024, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,055 Times in 5,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
A friend mentioned that it's great they are building to accommodate all the boomers retiring, but will this glut of homes be needed or afforded by the next generations?
If they cannot sell at current price levels they will build accordingly to the market.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:51 AM
Default Moving to continue working

My wife and I are closing on our new home in Lake Denham this Friday (and closing on our house here in TN the following Friday), and we both plan to continue working.
I work remotely from home, so I can setup my office anywhere. My wife retires from teaching in the state of Georgia at the end of the school year and is hoping to find a position in one of the charter elementary or middle schools.
We look forward to being able to work AND enjoy the active lifestyle.

Oh, and yes, we are well behaved….except on the Pickleball courts.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:10 AM

My kids have zero interest in TV lifestyle. Their generation thinks different from us.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,789 Times in 1,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHarley View Post
My kids have zero interest in TV lifestyle. Their generation thinks different from us.
Our's love it here; sports, recreation, pools, golf carts, squares and active parents.

Beach's and theme parks 1-2 mi away. Concerts/night life in Orlando/Tampa.

Their in-laws sit on the couch and watch TV all day.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
A friend mentioned that it's great they are building to accommodate all the boomers retiring, but will this glut of homes be needed or afforded by the next generations?
I don't know your friend, but given the choice, I'd bet on the developer knowing what they are doing.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
I never thought I'd buy in TV either...

Yet, here I am...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Needed? The following generations are just as big and getting bigger...

Afforded? That is yet to be determined...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,916 Times in 919 Posts

I am surprised that more 60+ haven't moved here while WFH (Working from Home) in the technology age. TV with Orlando airport very close, WFH with a few quarterly trips back to the mother ship would make the transition easier and able to determine if one really likes the lifestyle while still being able to afford to move with an income. . .

However, I am sure that I am actually totally ignorant as when we are down, and we have been working from home, we didn't leave home much to meet many other people who may be WFH and living the TV lifestyle..
Old 02-12-2024, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I am surprised that more 60+ haven't moved here while WFH (Working from Home) in the technology age. TV with Orlando airport very close, WFH with a few quarterly trips back to the mother ship would make the transition easier and able to determine if one really likes the lifestyle while still being able to afford to move with an income. . .

However, I am sure that I am actually totally ignorant as when we are down, and we have been working from home, we didn't leave home much to meet many other people who may be WFH and living the TV lifestyle..
I wish I could have done that, but my practice does not lend itself to Telemedicine...

But, on the positive side, I've sold my practice and my contract requires me to continue working for only one more year, with a VERY liberal vacation policy (pretty much what I've been doing the last 3 years)...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,055 Times in 5,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I wish I could have done that, but my practice does not lend itself to Telemedicine...

But, on the positive side, I've sold my practice and my contract requires me to continue working for only one more year, with a VERY liberal vacation policy (pretty much what I've been doing the last 3 years)...
So your customers cant watch one and than do one?
Old 02-12-2024, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,916 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

Congratulations! And how's that foot recovery? am assuming perfectly well given the patient doctor relationship. . .
Old 02-12-2024, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So your customers cant watch one and than do one?
Put a how-to on YouTube. You may rake in a tremendous amount of money. From what I've seen, people will attempt ANYTHING. Foot surgery can't be that complicated, right?

Last edited by Randall55; 02-13-2024 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,531 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Harold Schwartz's original plan for The Villages was to be able to live a millionaire lifestyle without being a millionaire and he achieved it for many years. Nowadays, if you don't have that mill in the bank just move on!
35 years ago when Mr. Schwartz made that statement a million dollars had a different relative value than what it has today. Then, a million dollars was 10x the value of your home and 100x the cost of a car. Today, a million dollars is 3x or 2x or even less the value of your home, and a new car 8-10x is not uncommon.

To have a million dollars today is not uncommon nor hard to accomplish with a little planning, self control, and some even moderately wise investment. I would not consider someone “rich” who has a million dollars, more a prudent planner who prepared for their future retirement. Being a millionaire means having a net worth of over a million dollars, if you would you working life home that you lived in for 20 or 30 years and invested it in your retirement home you’re likely half way there, a 401K or IRA with another 500K can easily support a moderate lifestyle for many years to come, you’re a millionaire.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-13-2024, 09:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

D R Horton is loaded with cash and looking to make purchases I was told.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,615 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Wow, my kids and our nieces and nephews (all in the 20s and 30s) love coming down.
They are active, love to golf, swim, etc.

Tags
demand, growth, development, developers, parts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.