And why are we complaining here???

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I did not realize that the purpose of the golf courses was to protect the houses....
Where did you read this?
Old 09-13-2017, 05:08 PM

http://bit.ly/2wXVqeg

Facebook

This is awesome. Read the poem from top to bottom then from bottom to top.
This was written by a 14 year old!

Found on The Writer's Circle page on Facebook

Last edited by kas52; 09-17-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
What I don't get is the constant complaining about things that have absolutely zero effect on the complainer.
Complain about people eating out instead of eating their hurricane stash, complain about people who travel faster than you in a golf cart, complain about The Villages not opening shelters (when you have no idea of government protocol for doing such)...
If something I do irritates you but has zero repercussions on YOU, then shut up and mind your own business. Stop worrying about what "could happen" and worry about yourself.
Boom!!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
We are fortunate....many weren't. Remember, count your blessings.
this song says it all!

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Sage

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I wonder how hardened the infrastructure is that a weak Cat1 cause so much havoc.
I did not realize that the purpose of the golf courses was to protect the houses....
So the golf courses are secondary?
Then should property owners who are protected by golf courses have a higher CDD amenity fee?
Or do all properties in TV drain into the courses?
I've only been a resident here 3 weeks and only played golf twice...
Wasn't that much havoc here in TV compared to areas out south and east of us. We dodged a major bullet by it shifting to the east slightly. The ponds/golf courses were designed to take the water they did and keep the homes from having water in them (pretty good planning, I'd say). Doesn't make the courses secondary; can you imagine the amount of BITCHING if the courses had been dry and the homes flooded? All properties typically drain to a street which eventually drain into the retention ponds/environmental areas (some on golf courses, some not), so no, golf course property owners shouldn't be required to pay a higher amenity fee. In your 3 weeks here, you've probably been busy, take some time off to play - once the courses get dry. Welcome.........
Old 09-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Probably because complaining is the #1 pastime on TOTV, and since all the golf courses are closed it's even worse.
My thoughts exactly....perhaps some of those folks need to start making a grateful list for each day.

1. I woke up
2. I'm blessed to live in this country
3 I'm blessed to have what I have
4. Grateful for the people in my life

You could make it as long as you want and do it each day then maybe you won't complain and find LIFE to be so negative!
Old 09-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Amazes me to we bought in a great place, most everything we need is a golf cart ride away,the grounds are well taken care of. Yet a storm hits there's no shelter, the yard waste isn't picked up yet, I Can't play golf, they put a surcharge on my water, the food at the restaurants stinks, they raised the price of drinks at happy hour, I Can't get gas geez. I'll bet the people that lost everything , still don't have electric, don't know where their next meal is coming from etc. Would be more then happy to trade places with us. I think anyone who's so upset and unhappy with the way this place is run or managed should look else where as I'm quite sure you could sell your house real quick. I count my self lucky as he'll. Lost a few shingles a few br-anches off my Palm tree,-and had to clean up the yar1d and the lanai. Gee -what a bitch.
Ok waiting for the comments.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Amazes me to we bought in a great place, most everything we need is a golf cart ride away,the grounds are well taken care of. Yet a storm hits there's no shelter, the yard waste isn't picked up yet, I Can't play golf, they put a surcharge on my water, the food at the restaurants stinks, they raised the price of drinks at happy hour, I Can't get gas geez. I'll bet the people that lost everything , still don't have electric, don't know where their next meal is coming from etc. Would be more then happy to trade places with us. I think anyone who's so upset and unhappy with the way this place is run or managed should look else where as I'm quite sure you could sell your house real quick. I count my self lucky as he'll. Lost a few shingles a few br-anches off my Palm tree,-and had to clean up the yar1d and the lanai. Gee -what a bitch.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Here's mine:

Old 09-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I don't have time to write a thousand words, so.............

The Villages Florida

Last edited by Rapscallion St Croix; 09-16-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
And many people are complaining regarding some real issues, or haven't you read about them?

Tree problems and roof issues . . . Roof issues where people have leaks and can't get anyone to do anything for weeks.

Perhaps those of you who were lucky, should just remain silent.
Its true that those things are issues for many people but our homes are not 6 ft under water or demolished. Yes, it's frustrating but frustration and devastation are two separate issues.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
My thoughts exactly....perhaps some of those folks need to start making a grateful list for each day.

1. I woke up
2. I'm blessed to live in this country
3 I'm blessed to have what I have
4. Grateful for the people in my life

You could make it as long as you want and do it each day then maybe you won't complain and find LIFE to be so negative!
Or perhaps they could volunteer in a shelter and see what some have to deal with.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

ME Complain..... Here's my 34 Bags of %#*&.......& I'm NOT done yet.....

The Villages Florida
Old 09-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Default Complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Probably because complaining is the #1 pastime on TOTV, and since all the golf courses are closed it's even worse.
I think you are right here. I really think some of us Over complain. What good has it ever done?
Closed Thread

Tags
blessings, complaining, count, fortunate, remember

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.