This is why we are considered Florida's Friendliest Home Town!

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2022, 07:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

It's pretty darn friendly here. Whenever I have guests they remark on all of the smiles, waves, etc. they receive. When we had the grandkids here, our kids have always been impressed with all of the sweet attention they get. The number of grouches I've run into, not counting on these threads, I'm only counting in person, face-to-face encounters, I could count on one hand.
I had a buddy from up north who also has a place in Cape Coral visit, and took him for a cart tour. Where the cart path runs along Palmer, Laurel Valley, just east of the Laurel Manor Professional Plaza, we pulled over to look at the course and talk, and 3 people stopped to ask if we needed directions.
In fact, when I pulled over I mentioned to my guest that he could probably hold his breath longer than it would take for someone to stop and ask us that. I think I was just about right.
99.9% of the time I get the impression we are all just kind of sheepishly wondering how we landed in such a nice spot.
I spend my summers on a lake in New York and it's much the same way.
Just tonight, DW and I were on Yankee Clipper as the sun was setting. We had the last tee time. She's a rank beginner, and someone was behind us. We grabbed a bench to let them through. They were in no hurry, stopped and chatted and said they were just going to skip our hole and get out of our way.
It just couldn't have been sweeter.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, happen, nice, town, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.