Why are you up my a@@

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

They want to draft you so they can save fuel. I think if someone did that to me I would just go slower and slower until down to a crawl and let them get anxious rather than me. It takes all kinds and all kinds are living here, can't do much about it and that explains why some people pick up their dogs poop and others leave it, they feel they are entitled to having someone else pick it up.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Talking

Get a gas cart. With gas no one on your a**. P U Cough! Cough!

Last edited by PNaughton; 12-29-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Why are you up my a@@

I thought this Posting was about your recent colonoscopy...

LMAO!!!!!

General driving safety says you should be 1 car(t) length begind the car(t) in front of you for every 10mph of speed so at 20mph or less 2 car(t) lengths while seeming close is actually a safe distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage
Default Why are you up my a@@

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post

What I do with people like that is to put on my blonker and pull over on the grass.......

You must have quite a "blonker" [emoji102]. [emoji16][emoji12]

Old 12-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Sage
Default Why are you up my a@@

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNaughton View Post
Get a gas cart. With gas no one on your a**.

Wanna bet?

Pass gas, Drive electric! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

The Villages Florida

Last edited by EdFNJ; 12-29-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Eddie Boy, Looks like there is a Chip in the NJ armor???? Just a little one. It is a start.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Eddie Boy, Looks like there is a Chip in the NJ armor???? Just a little one. It is a start.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Drive your car instead.

As I was pulling out of Evans Prarie CC this afternoon, three carts were stopped to let me drive through. Every time I drive through a gate, it seems like there is always a cart waiting to let me through. To me, it seems that driving a cart must be a pain because they are always having to stop to let cars have the right-of-way
Driving a cart is only a pain if you are one of those that is always in a hurry. If you have come to terms with retirement and enjoy the leisurely pace of life then you can wave cars through, let people pass you and get out of the way of those that haven't found that zen. I have friends that always take a car, and the only thing they see is the road out the window. They never get the opportunity to stop and enjoy the wildlife, the picturesque views of the ponds, the landscaping done by TV and individuals. Those that don't travel by cart will never get it and that's ok.....they do have the right to not smell the roses....just don't take shots at those of us that do.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-29-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
Coming from someone who just moved here recently and really likes TV it baffles me how people ride up your a@@ in the golf cart. My cart only goes 20 mph and I have it floored but it never fails that someone will be a foot from behind me. Sometimes I slow down so they can pass me but they seem more content just riding my a@@. Even brake checking these people don't work they seem to get a thrill riding so close behind you. One lady even had the nerve to start blowing her horn at me and when she made her move to pass me she almost hit a oncoming cart.
There must be alot of golf cart accidents ( I would love to see the stats) because the way people drive these things is scary and add in some of these golf cart lanes are so narrow there more meant for a bicycle and not a golf cart. I went over one bridge I think it was Lake Sumpter bridge and it was so narrow there is no room for error when passing oncoming carts. I can only imagine someone drunk going over this bridge at night.
So looking for solutions before I get into a fight with someone who I perceive is putting my family and I in danger.
I just had to reply to your post because this is something that has been bugging me for a long time. I can’t say why people feel the need to ride up your a@@ in a cart but it happens to me all the time. And I’m sorry to say it is always men who are driving the cart. It’s like they are in their little toy go-cart and are determined to show you that they are king of the road. I call them golf cart bullies. It just happened to my neighbor who was on the way back from Colony. Some man zoomed right up to the back of her cart and startled her so much that she hit the brake and almost caused an accident. It’s time to grow up people and start acting responsibly.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Coming from someone who just moved here recently and really likes TV it baffles me how people ride up your a@@ in the golf cart. My cart only goes 20 mph and I have it floored but it never fails that someone will be a foot from behind me. Sometimes I slow down so they can pass me but they seem more content just riding my a@@. Even brake checking these people don't work they seem to get a thrill riding so close behind you. One lady even had the nerve to start blowing her horn at me and when she made her move to pass me she almost hit a oncoming cart.
There must be alot of golf cart accidents ( I would love to see the stats) because the way people drive these things is scary and add in some of these golf cart lanes are so narrow there more meant for a bicycle and not a golf cart. I went over one bridge I think it was Lake Sumpter bridge and it was so narrow there is no room for error when passing oncoming carts. I can only imagine someone drunk going over this bridge at night.
So looking for solutions before I get into a fight with someone who I perceive is putting my family and I in danger.

I also HATE it when someone rides on top of me then passes--my cart is also set for 20mph--wish a cop would ticket these people
Old 12-29-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy327 View Post
I just had to reply to your post because this is something that has been bugging me for a long time. I can’t say why people feel the need to ride up your a@@ in a cart but it happens to me all the time. And I’m sorry to say it is always men who are driving the cart. It’s like they are in their little toy go-cart and are determined to show you that they are king of the road. I call them golf cart bullies. It just happened to my neighbor who was on the way back from Colony. Some man zoomed right up to the back of her cart and startled her so much that she hit the brake and almost caused an accident. It’s time to grow up people and start acting responsibly.

sorry Missy--but I have also had many WOMEN ride right on my bumper
Old 12-29-2017, 09:26 PM

Thank you for all the input and I guess until LEO issues some following to close and speeding tickets I guess it's the price to pay for living in such a wonderful place.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Chill.

There is no pee in Lake Sumter.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourandrew View Post
sorry Missy--but I have also had many WOMEN ride right on my bumper
You say that like it's a bad thing

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Chill.

There is no pee in Lake Sumter.
New guy....be gentle.

Tags
cart, golf, people, a@@, bridge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.