Wifi Irrigation Controller Gurus

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2021, 09:25 AM

Used Rachio3 for past couple of years. Easy to setup and install. I also have it integrated with Alexa so can just say Water Front Bushes for 5 minutes. Can also use the app to manually turn on a zone. Automatically adjust for season with different watering types and gets local precipitation forecast to determine if watering should be skipped. One of the nice features, is that it can cycle thru the zones, so one area does not get drenched. (if each zone scheduled for 20 minutes, it will do 5 minutes for each zone then come back and repeat until the total time for each zone is reached.)
Old 12-30-2021, 01:29 PM
Question hunter pro c wifi model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
How many zones? The pro c wifi models don't need a wand plug in. About $160 or so for the 6 zone version. Takes about 20 minutes to install. Easy and has control for a master valve. I've installed 4 of them. Been flawlessly functioning for 2+ years now.

Installed the same system and like it so far. I only have 3 zones so the setup was easy however
i didn't configure the master valve. Is there a valve for each zone? It seems to want to link the master valve
to one zone.
Any suggestions.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:16 AM

I would get the Rachio 3 because when setting it up you can use the general Weather Underground aggrigated weather data for your area OR you can look on a map that comes up and select a weather station close to your house. You would be surprised how many private weather stations there are all over the Villages. This is important because as you probably know, it could be raining a few miles from you and not at your house. Rachio will check for rain and the forecast 48 hours before and an hour before the next scheduled irregation to make the decision to skip or not. You can also change the amount of rain that has to fall to trigger a skip. So for example i think it's set to 0.15 inches of rain before it will skip so if it rains and we get 0.1 inches of rain which is really not much it will water. But if its over 0.15 inches it will skip. You can set this to any amount you want. If you ever need it their technical support is very good.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
PRO-HC PHC-600i 6 Zone

$178 on Amazon. That's all you need. Just swap the wires over, connect it to your wifi, then create an account at Hunter, enter the serial number and it'll find it. Won't need a rain sensor, it uses the weather stations near you. I took the free package on each I installed. There is a pay subscription that gives you better control of the weather stations but I don't think it's necessary.

That's the Indoor case. If it's in your garage. There is an outdoor one too, more water tight and locks.
Hey I added this-- THANK YOU! do I need to do anything for a master valve? and what rain sensor on roof do you select? (I know it won't need it...)
Old 01-09-2022, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-US View Post
Hey I added this-- THANK YOU! do I need to do anything for a master valve? and what rain sensor on roof do you select? (I know it won't need it...)
If you don't have a master valve, you don't need to do anything.

A master valve is simply a main "on/off" for all the zones. Useful if you've got a leaky valve or if you need to repair the system. It also prevents weepy valves.

If you're talking about the monitoring station, just pick the closest one. If you're talking about an actual physical rain sensor, they are not necessary or needed.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
If you don't have a master valve, you don't need to do anything.

A master valve is simply a main "on/off" for all the zones. Useful if you've got a leaky valve or if you need to repair the system. It also prevents weepy valves.

If you're talking about the monitoring station, just pick the closest one. If you're talking about an actual physical rain sensor, they are not necessary or needed.

Thank you so much!
Closed Thread

Tags
rachio, orbit, model, replace, wifi

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.